• Cysis

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • Neither. I''m too busy playing WoW

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

wicko

Distinguished
May 9, 2007
I would have to say that Halo will kill Crysis in sales. The hardware that Crysis is going to require is going to be nothing short of expensive. Console games usually sell better than PC games, consoles being the more easily attainable and require no hardware knowledge whatsoever. I think Rob was right on the money when he said it doesn't have to be a fantastic game to sell well. Just look at Halo 2, a piss poor sequel that added little to the story and added an extra gameplay element, yet it sold so well. Visuals were a bit better, but then we had that nasty texture loading delay.

I'm really hoping that Halo 3 follows the original's footsteps in terms of story and gameplay. I thought the level layouts were very well done, the story was pretty good, and the game was epic. I loved the open area wars that would occur in the larger levels.

Crysis, on the other hand, will absolutely kill Halo 3 in terms of visuals and gameplay. Story, well, I'm not so sure, FarCry had a pretty asstastic story, with unnatural voice acting, but what it lacked in those areas it made up for with visuals and gameplay. Would be my top FPS, if it weren't for the Half Life series. Kind of torn between the two.

FarCry just had fantastic level design, great for coming up with multiple strategies and angles for situations that occur in the game. By the looks of it, Crysis is going to be up there for visuals and interactivity with the environment, and it seems like it will be the same kind of style as FarCry. Definitely looking forward to it, especially if a Cooperative mode is included, or maybe modded to include it.

Unfortunately, Halo 3 will make more money, but hopefully the devs at Bungie don't take advantage of that, and release something worth playing, rather than pulling another Halo 2.

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
I think Halo will win this one, it is the 3rd in the series and since consoles suck and it is the only game worth playing on them and a million billion console owners want a game that does not blow Halo will make bigger ripples than crysis, personally i think crysis will wipe the floor with halo in terms of being a better game.

eduardor2k

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
I think Crysis will kick Halo 3 ass! :lol:

Graphics: Crysis
Gameplay: Crysis
History: Don't know ~ Halo 3
Multiplayer: Crysis = Halo 3 in the shorterm, longterm Crysis
Sound: Crysis

commie

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
By all indications Crysis will be the better game. All Crysis has to do to attain greatness is do everything it did in the gameplay clips we saw. Halo will undoubtedly sell more copies than Crysis though, because there are already 4 million pre-orders for Halo 3 and there are 10 million Xbox 360's out there. I just don't see Crysis selling even 4 million copies, there probably isn't that many machines capable of running it decently.
I did however see somewhere an image of Crysis in an Xbox 360 cover so if it actually comes out on an Xbox and console owners will finally come to their senses (I know, it's unlikely) there may be competition.

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
I think just about everyone who owns a good enough card will buy it, unfortunately most will go the Jack Sparrow route... Console games are harder to pirate...

Somehow i dont think that xbox will be getting it and if they do the port will suck, ask anyone who owns oblivion on an xbox.

mykim01

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
I voted for Halo 3. From a practical point of view, it's obviously going to seel more units than Crysis. In addition, the original poster apparently believes this as well since Crysis has been misspelled (jk - but it's misspelled).

I started out as a PC gamer and I'll always be an avid PC gamer. I also own an Xbox 360 but it doesn't get as nearly as much attention as my PC does. I personally cannot wait till Crysis hits the store shelves but I'd wait for the furor to die down before putting down $60+ for Halo 3. I remember how quickly pre-played Halo 2's started showing up on the shelves. The only reason I'd purchase Halo 3 is for co-op play. That's one big advantage console games have over PC's. I enjoy sitting next to my brother or friends while playing a game.

PCAnalyst

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
Its all about the product history and advertising...

Look at Budwiser... one of the cheapest beers made... yet they outsell everyone on the premise of quality.

Crysis screenshots were exceptional. Theres no doubt that it will be visually stunning, and from the little bit of demo some of us were able to see - the gameplay should also be well done.

Halo from the start seemed very mechanical to me... perhaps due to the fact I was so acclimated to the PC, and faster paced UT type gameplay. But there inlies the clincher... I never got into it.

Halo could very well be the funnest game in the world to play and I wouldn't know it, but from the graphics I have seen it is a so so game in comparison to Crysis.

eduardor2k

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
I thinks Crysis will be on Xbox 360 and PS3, because the SDK is compatible with both consoles, but i imagine it's not going to be Crytek, but another company specialized on thos consoles.

HotFoot

Distinguished
May 26, 2004
Oh- my- gosh, that guy Rob whats his face is ALWAYS so full S***, thats why his eyes are brown...., what a jerk. :evil:

I'd say I disagree with Rob more than I agree with him, but I think he's going to be right about Crysis being the better game and Halo 3 selling better. I think Ben and Rob are warming up to the camera a little better. I'll keep watching!

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Oh- my- gosh, that guy Rob whats his face is ALWAYS so full S***, thats why his eyes are brown...., what a jerk.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback., Warezme. I love the smell of intelligent discourse in morning...

Maybe you could expand on your previous post and explain why you think I'm full of BS and what exactly it is that you're disagreeing with me about in regards to this subject. You know, for the sake of intelligent discourse.

PCAnalyst, good analogy regarding the King of Beers!

HotFot, thanks for the encouraging feedback.

DivX 10?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You work for toms! Pathetic.

Damn, I didn't even here that the first time. In Ben's defense, he hadn't had his five cups of coffee yet when we shot this.

And finally, Jessica Alba over Scarlett Johansson 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. Who's with me?

wicko

Distinguished
May 9, 2007
Brunettes are wayyyy hotter than blondes any day. But the odd redhead here and there top them both. I have a giant 6 foot poster of Jessica Alba, for Sin City, she's holding a gold magnum. Its great! Its this one here: http://posterwire.com/wp-content/images/sin_city_nancy.jpg

Ignore warezme, he is just racist.

Ben, question for ya: Why are you always asking the questions? It seems more like an interview than a discussion, lets hear your opinion too!

HotFoot

Distinguished
May 26, 2004
Ben, question for ya: Why are you always asking the questions? It seems more like an interview than a discussion, lets hear your opinion too!

I agree. What does Ben have to say? Is it intdended to be like an interview?

LVDAX

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
Rob,
Your videos are maturing by leaps and bounds. I especially like the end videos\bloopers, they give it the THG feel and humor, keep up the great work.

As for the games i agree that Crysis will be the better game but Halo will have the history and marketing to beat it in the short run in purchases.

PS: Always vote on Alba... :wink:

VBDude

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
And finally, Jessica Alba over Scarlett Johansson 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. Who's with me?
What are you doing to me, Rob? First Nat and now Alba? Too much goodness for one afternoon.

Just don't mention Elisha Cuthbert with yellow eyes again. :wink:

malakianisgod

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
For me, Crysis all the way, but I vote Halo 3. Halo is fun and all, but I'm just not a big console person. The Halo franchise is enormous. They've already had two games, so its extremely well established (whereas Crysis hasn't even been released yet and there are no other games related to it). More fan boys, more veterans, more hype around it. It's going to sell way more than Crysis, easily.

Eh, Halo 3 will be good, but Crysis will own in my house. :twisted:

accu

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
cant wait to play both games but i think halo 3 will sells more. i voted for crysis and i know crysis is the next big thing period.

crazypyro

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
I have to agree with Rob, I am not a fan of the Halo series, I too think they're over hyped (I have owned and played Halo and Halo2). The simple fact that there are more 360 gamers, then there are 'true' PC gamers. The 360 owners can go out and buy Halo 3 instead of making sure their PC is up to spec to run Crysis.

On the upside atleast there won't be 10yr old boys cussing me out, or talking trash in their high-pitch voices, when I play Crysis.

side note:
This video was much improved from your last video, good work Ben and Rob.

TRENDING THREADS