The big STUMBLE. I mean Plunge into building my own!!!

cheesey

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005

After much advice here in the forums and many reads and re-reads of others post Ive came up with this system. Its a cut and paste from the Newegg website of temp wish list. Please take a quick look and see if I need to possibly swap components out that have combatability problems. NO LAUGHING, snickers are allowed and even those cool smartbutt answers but NO LAUGHING pleeeeeeze. :oops:

ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
(WHAT IS a WI-FI anway????)

XFX PVT42EYDF3 Geforce 6800XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Rosewill RP550-2 ATX 2.01 550W Power Supply - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6600 - Retail (are there specific chip manuf. codes to look for here like the old Malaysian celeries back in the 90's, the ones that were good oc'ers?)
CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X1024A-6400 - Retail

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KSRTL 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Retail

Still hunting one of those fancy LED cases. (daughter loves them)
Have a cd-rom and a cd-rom/dvd burner already along with the floppy drive.

So fire away, and remember no LAUGHING!!!!!!!!! :lol:

dietzjack

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
Well congrats on finally deciding to build your own.
WHAT IS a WI-FI anway????
Please see the following article: Wikipedia Wi-Fi Article. They explain it there far better than I ever could. In the future, when you'd like a definition of a computer term please search on google or wikipedia before posting in the forums.
are there specific chip manuf. codes to look for here like the old Malaysian celeries back in the 90's, the ones that were good oc'ers?
I am actually not aware of either situation. Anyways, the thing to look out for is a retail box version (this is the one you have picked), because its only a few bucks more and you get a much longer MFR warranty.