DNS error that won't fully load anything or open it right

CloudxD

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
Hello forum. I have a HP G61 - 336NR Notebook and a Belkin wireless router. I keep getting DNS errors every single day. And its nonstop I have to sit here and refresh google like 10x just to connect to it. I have set my DNS manually to Open DNS and still no luck I've called my ISP and my Router company and still nothing. Sigh my laptop isn't the only one that can do it. I've done various restarts/factory restores and still doesn't work.. Please help me :(

hilltopmonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Tried rebooting yout router?

Have you tried using a cable instead of just the wireless? - If it works here you have a faulty wireless something.
If you still have problems with cable you have a real problem. Otherwise there is much to test...

CloudxD

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
This problem still occurs if i use my ISP DNS servers and my computer is the only one connected to my LAN (password protected) I've used both wireless and wired still the same thing SOMETIMES it will start working. But like 20-30 mins later it starts acting up. I've used different laptops to test to see if there was something wrong with my wireless card or ethernet port. But no it works fine but its the same problem and this isn't my first router that this has happened to. I'd used to get disconnected completely and the router would randomly restart. This is very frustrating because my ISP or router company can't help they just advise me to un plug my router and plug it back in.

This problem is most often because the line to your ISP is not capable of supporting the speed your ISP has assigned to it. You will have to get back on to your ISP and ask for technical support to get them to turn down the speed of your connection.

G

Sounds to me like your internet connection may be congested with too much traffic. If so, there is little you can do about it. I would try running a few bandwidth speed tests periodically to see if this is the case.