audigy2 zs platnium would it be an upgrade

icbluscrn

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
going to a X-Fi Fatal1ty sound card. Seem's like everyone is pumping the x-fi series. They are both 24 bit> i would like to know more about sampling rate i would guess higher is better just by the sound of it. 2zs having 192khz and xfi 96khz (i will look on these forums for more info but if you can enlighten me..then by all means)
Oh keep in mind i dont have bionic hearing and most of the time 90% is gaming 19% music and 1% movies

commanderspockep

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
i would like to know more about sampling rate i would guess higher is better just by the sound of it. 2zs having 192khz and xfi 96khz

Err....I think you're a bit confused on the sound quality andor numbers thing. :?: I'm confused about what you said.

In any event the x-fi Fatality has 64mb of extra ram built in for gamers. What this does is help take a load off your cpu so you should see improved framerates. Some games of course more than others. For that fact alone its an upgrade.

krfan1

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
I could be wrong, but don't the games have to be written to take advantage of the XRAM? Are there any games that do use the XRAM as of yet?

krfan1

icbluscrn

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Trust me the numbers are not the only things that have me confused :lol:

If the xfi takes more work load of the cpu you are right i might get it on that fact alone but i thought any sound card would take the workload off the cpu.
the audigy 2z sounds fine to me so I am not sure if the xfi would be an audio ugrade

krfan1

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
I know one of the upgrades of an X-Fi (any model) is the Crystalizer that makes music sound better. I've read some people like it and some don't. I would think it would be more of a hear it for yourself. Though I do remember going from a Live! to my Audiy 1 and noticing a difference, so maybe it's the same thing (not sure though)

krfan1