Sign in with
Your question

Still no Scythe Ninja on Newegg

Last response: in Overclocking
September 22, 2006 1:06:24 PM

Newegg had an eta of 9-21 and 9-22 for the Ninja and Ninja Plus respectively. Still not there as of today.

More about : scythe ninja newegg

September 22, 2006 1:46:09 PM

Why dont you go with the Scythe Infinity - it's the newer model. I was thinking about that one. They are available.
September 22, 2006 2:06:38 PM

I almost did order the Infinity a couple weeks ago but I decided to hold out for the Ninja. The Ninja is a little lighter and smaller, not to mention cheaper.
Related resources
September 22, 2006 2:18:59 PM

How does the Ninja compare in the benchiez? Do you have any data I can look at? I'd really like to take a look.

The INF looks massive. I am really worried about that putting undue strain on the mobo. Can you actually stand the PC upright? May be a dumb question, but it looks like it would fall off!
September 22, 2006 2:21:18 PM

Dude, what do you think about the Zalman? Do you have any data on that one? Looks smaller and easier to install. The page I saw said the Zalman and Ninja were neck in neck.
September 22, 2006 2:54:47 PM

Quote:
Why dont you go with the Scythe Infinity - it's the newer model. I was thinking about that one. They are available.

DO NOT buy the Infinity. It's heavy and it broke my retention bracket. The way it hooks onto the motherboard is terrible. All you do is attach two hooks to the side of the heatsink and then attach it to the motherboard. The tabs on the AM2 retention bracket aren't strong enough to hold up the weight of the massive thing. Just a heads up.
September 22, 2006 4:00:55 PM

What about the Ninja and the Zalman?? Any other independent reviews? I found one saying they are the same.
September 22, 2006 4:17:27 PM

Guys,

The debate is settled. Look at this link and scroll down:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article30-page1.html

The Thermalright Ultra-120 wins hands down (slightly better cooling if not the same as the Ninja, but easier to install and manage).

Im gonna go with it this weekeend. Thanks for your help! I love THG!
September 22, 2006 7:55:27 PM

Not so fast my knowledge seeking friend. The Thermalright Ultra-120 is bigger than the Ninja in 2 of 3 dimensions. It cost $20 more than the Ninja. I'm not sure what the Thermalright's weight is but I'd lean to the lighter one of the two. The Ninja is out of stock now because we're waiting on the new version which will have a new mounting system to support AM2. That may correct any previous complaints about a difficult mounting system.

Also, I think the Ninja's design, with more heatpipes and being on all 4 sides lends itself to better fanless cooling should you desire.

The choice is yours.
September 22, 2006 8:12:51 PM

It says the Ultra-120 is about 0.6kg, which includes the fan. How much is the Scythe?

Is the Scythe really smaller than the Thermalright ??????? The pics I saw online appeared that the Scythe was twice the size! Are you looking at the right heatsink?
September 22, 2006 8:13:38 PM

The infinity is just totally rediculous. It might work very well, but Ive never seem anything that impractical.
September 23, 2006 1:56:25 AM

Here is the link for the new Ninja http://scythe-usa.com/product/cpu/026/scnj1100p.html

It is 640 grams. It's 110 x 110 x 150 mm tall.

The Thermalright Ultra-120 is 63.5 x 132 x 160.5 mm tall. Although it is narrower, it is taller and wider than the Ninja.

The Scythe website now says Ninja Rev. B is due for release until Oct 2nd. I plan to wait.
September 23, 2006 2:35:24 AM

Do you have a Fry's electronics near you?

I was in the Frys in north Phoenix, AZ a coupla weeks ago and they had them on the shelf. Like $60 or something.
September 23, 2006 1:01:54 PM

No Fry's in FL.
September 25, 2006 12:34:28 AM

Quote:
Here is the link for the new Ninja
The Scythe website now says Ninja Rev. B is due for release until Oct 2nd. I plan to wait.

Exclent....
!