Wolfling run grinds to a halt after about 8 hours...

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Yeah, so every 4-6 hours I checked in and found only a male or two alive and
about half a dozen frozen eggs. :p

AT this point. about 28 hours I had 2 males and one female left, and not an
egg in sight. I exported one of the males (he was over 8 hours old and
sleeping a lot), and the other two were both under 1.5 hours old. I got back
from exporting the old one just in time to see the female lay a egg! (Jeez,
they're starting younger and younger these days! lol) I have named them with
the not so unique names of Addamm and Eevee, and their daughter (incubated
by me) is Annabella.

I then checked the history. 45 deaths. 3 live norns. 4 generation one Eggs!
What?!? Where??

Ok I found a yellow one in the pocket below the incubator room. Why isn't
that stupid purple Doozer doing his job? Have no Clue where the rest are.

I'm going to *.exp the three I have left, make them read only, and then,
restart the world and reimport them. Time to give the world a rest.

*grumbles* Now I need an Egg Finder. Grah!

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

xOtix <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in

> *grumbles* Now I need an Egg Finder. Grah!

Installed Egg-Sitter... Hope my computer doesn't crash overnight. lol

--

"xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
> xOtix <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in
>
>> *grumbles* Now I need an Egg Finder. Grah!
>
> Installed Egg-Sitter... Hope my computer doesn't crash overnight. lol

Good luck. *quite a bit of curiosity as to how it turns out*

--
Triad

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

"The Triad" <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote in news:dfrah0$oq2$1$8302bc10
@news.demon.co.uk:

>> Installed Egg-Sitter... Hope my computer doesn't crash overnight. lol
>
> Good luck. *quite a bit of curiosity as to how it turns out*

(sigh)

From that point to when I went to bed it was great. There were 12 norns
happily bibbling away, one of them "with egg". A few minutes before, that
though I lost a pregnant one even though I used the kit on her quite a bit
trying to save the egg. She was over 5 minutes old though, a grey Pixie.

So turned off the monitor and went to bed and didn't peek until 10:15 this
morning, apprx. 11 hours later. No eggs, only one norn, a female over 10
hours old. I named her "TheLastOne" and exported her. 57 creatures were born
and had died in the interim. Tons of food growing everywhere.

I think I'm going to kill off.. erm.. I mean.. Export, the Gren and Ettin,
close the world, clear out all the eggs and genetics files, and start again.
I'll try it with ONLY the canny2 eggs I made in the egg folder (though I
love the Goldy sprites, especially when they mix with the others).

I make a sad god of norns. =(

Computer didn't crash though... :`)
--

> "The Triad" <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote in news:dfrah0$oq2$1$8302bc10
> @news.demon.co.uk:
>
>>> Installed Egg-Sitter... Hope my computer doesn't crash overnight. lol
>>
>> Good luck. *quite a bit of curiosity as to how it turns out*
>
> (sigh)
>
> From that point to when I went to bed it was great. There were 12 norns
> happily bibbling away, one of them "with egg". A few minutes before, that
> though I lost a pregnant one even though I used the kit on her quite a bit
> trying to save the egg. She was over 5 minutes old though, a grey Pixie.
>
> So turned off the monitor and went to bed and didn't peek until 10:15 this
> morning, apprx. 11 hours later. No eggs, only one norn, a female over 10
> hours old. I named her "TheLastOne" and exported her. 57 creatures were
> born
> and had died in the interim. Tons of food growing everywhere.
>
> I think I'm going to kill off.. erm.. I mean.. Export, the Gren and Ettin,
> close the world, clear out all the eggs and genetics files, and start
> again.
> I'll try it with ONLY the canny2 eggs I made in the egg folder (though I
> love the Goldy sprites, especially when they mix with the others).
>
> I make a sad god of norns. =(
>
> Computer didn't crash though... :`)

Glad to hear about the computer. Why was there so much food growing (and
what types)?

--
Triad