programs loaded at startup

I have Windows XP and when I turn my computer it takes a while for all the
programs to load, most of these programs I would prefer not to load.

When I look at the Task Manager there are about 30 or 40 programs loaded.

I need to know where to go to find out what these programs do and how to
delete or prevent them from being loaded.

I am familiar with the Start up Folder on Start Button.

Hi

Which tab are you looking at in Task Manager - Applications or Processes?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Problem with formatting merged fields"
<Problemwithformattingmergedfields@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1AC0542D-F18B-4F2E-BFA8-6C4720BDFBF0@microsoft.com...
>I have Windows XP and when I turn my computer it takes a while for all the
> programs to load, most of these programs I would prefer not to load.
>
> When I look at the Task Manager there are about 30 or 40 programs loaded.
>
> I need to know where to go to find out what these programs do and how to
> delete or prevent them from being loaded.
>
> I am familiar with the Start up Folder on Start Button.

You may wish to check here http://www.sysinfo.org/startupinfo.html It gives
you a list of programs that are set to run at Startup and a legend to
determine if you should disable them or not.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Problem with formatting merged fields"
<Problemwithformattingmergedfields@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1AC0542D-F18B-4F2E-BFA8-6C4720BDFBF0@microsoft.com...
>I have Windows XP and when I turn my computer it takes a while for all the
> programs to load, most of these programs I would prefer not to load.
>
> When I look at the Task Manager there are about 30 or 40 programs loaded.
>
> I need to know where to go to find out what these programs do and how to
> delete or prevent them from being loaded.
>
> I am familiar with the Start up Folder on Start Button.

I am having the same trouble. How do I choose which programs load when I log
onto my computer? i.e. which messengers(i have 3) morpheus, etc, how do i
select which ones run on startup and which ones don't? my email is
mikecollector@yahoo.com, could u help me please?? thanks
mike67357