Counterfeit Epson Cartridges

frederick

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2004

Anyone using an Epson printer should view the following thread:

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/BB/viewtopic.php?t=809

Counterfeit inks destroying a (printhead on an) Epson R1800.

Note that these are counterfeit cartridges - not "aftermarket"
cartridges. The buyer purchased them from a "reputable retailer" in
Europe - not a dodgy on-line discounter.

Images of the cartridges are available at the above link. They are
identifiable as fakes - if you know what to look for - in this case:
"Made in China" label.
Subtle differences in carton colour.
Subtle differences in plastic moulding and electrical contacts.
Plastic sticker over ink ports missing.

They are however packaged in very original looking plastic vacuum packs,
and are "close enough" to not raise suspicions. These caused an initial
colour shift in prints (a magenta cast), followed by an irrecoverable
head blockage.
Beware.

zakezuke

> >A very good reason for buying compatibles, which I have always done and I am
> > still waiting for a printer to explode / melt / vaporize / clogg to death /
> >whatever.
> that logic is so stupid

Not at all. You see when you can't depend on the label of the
cartridge to provide you with a quality product your only resolution is
to pick a vender who you know gives you a quality product. This could
mean costco, or it could be known good cartridges and bulk ink, or
known good prefills.

I believe that the issue this person experenced in the first place is
probally a lame cartridge which didn't provide enough in the way of
airflow resulting in no printing, rather than a clog, and the lack of
ink resulted in head failure. Bad mojo. Tends to happen with the
complex design of spongeless cartridges.

frederick wrote:
> Anyone using an Epson printer should view the following thread:
>
> http://www.photo-i.co.uk/BB/viewtopic.php?t=809
>
> Counterfeit inks destroying a (printhead on an) Epson R1800.
>
> Note that these are counterfeit cartridges - not "aftermarket"
> cartridges. The buyer purchased them from a "reputable retailer" in
> Europe - not a dodgy on-line discounter.

That's why I stay away from Canon OEM and the potentially counterfeit
(and potentially bad) cartridges out there and buy only genuine quality
aftermarket ones.

-Taliesyn

davy

Genuine Canon cartridges has reflective heliographic sticker's on the
box.

To date I have always ensured I purchase from a reputable company and
not from 'El cheapo' suppliers and computer fair venders.

I've stuck with Canon inks because the printer has not clogged even
once in over three months every print being 100%, apart from 'user
cock-ups', never once needed a manual nozzle clean to date.

Besides Canon printers uses ink and not waste it like the Epson I had
which made people buy cheap inks because of the waste and expense, a
good printer that's economical with the inks deserves the best ink.

I think there's been counterfit Epson tanks out a while now, it's easy
to see why if you take the price into consideration.

Davy

I have been using printpal.com with my epsons for several years and have had
no
problem..
It is a reasonable ink at a reasonable price.
Epson is the best over-all in quality
and a good Cheap ink makes it better.
Yes I know you have your favorites and I say go ahead and use it.
But for me, ---- Yes my teeth still continue to fall out ...
(Some would have you to believe this is caused by cheep ink carts))
SLLD

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:11:35 +1200, frederick <lost@sea.co.zn> wrote:

>Anyone using an Epson printer should view the following thread:
>
>http://www.photo-i.co.uk/BB/viewtopic.php?t=809
>
>Counterfeit inks destroying a (printhead on an) Epson R1800.
>
>Note that these are counterfeit cartridges - not "aftermarket"
>cartridges. The buyer purchased them from a "reputable retailer" in
>Europe - not a dodgy on-line discounter.
<snip>

--

E.S.

Davy wrote:
> Genuine Canon cartridges has reflective heliographic sticker's on the
> box.
>
> To date I have always ensured I purchase from a reputable company and
> not from 'El cheapo' suppliers and computer fair venders.
>
> I've stuck with Canon inks because the printer has not clogged even
> once in over three months every print being 100%, apart from 'user
> cock-ups', never once needed a manual nozzle clean to date.
>
> Besides Canon printers uses ink and not waste it like the Epson I had
> which made people buy cheap inks because of the waste and expense, a
> good printer that's economical with the inks deserves the best ink.
>
> I think there's been counterfit Epson tanks out a while now, it's easy
> to see why if you take the price into consideration.
>
> Davy

I forgot the satirical "smiley" figure on my original reply in this
thread, so you'll have to read back.

Apparently there have been Canon counterfeits as well according to
what I've read recently. It's always the well known brands that get
attacked. How many emails a day do we get for replica Rolexes? Microsoft
products constantly gets hit by viruses (that's why I prefer Netscape).
The lesser brands are sometimes safer alternatives in this day and age.

I use a combination bulk BCI-3e black and prefilled (Formulabs) BCI-6
cartridges in my iP5000 (since January), and all bulk in my i980 since
2004 and have had no ink problems, so I have no fear of using compat-
ibles and bulk inks. Clogging is a total non issue, invented by the much
bored (boring?) Measekite. I did have a print head that failed on the
i860 after about a month of use. The replacement has been working
perfectly for almost 9 months so I know it wasn't due to the bulk inks I
was using and still use today. It was just a bum OEM Canon printhead.

-Taliesyn

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Davy wrote:
> Genuine Canon cartridges has reflective heliographic sticker's on the
> box.
>
> To date I have always ensured I purchase from a reputable company and
> not from 'El cheapo' suppliers and computer fair venders.
>
> I've stuck with Canon inks because the printer has not clogged even
> once in over three months every print being 100%, apart from 'user
> cock-ups', never once needed a manual nozzle clean to date.
>
> Besides Canon printers uses ink and not waste it like the Epson I had
> which made people buy cheap inks because of the waste and expense, a
> good printer that's economical with the inks deserves the best ink.
>
> I think there's been counterfit Epson tanks out a while now, it's easy
> to see why if you take the price into consideration.
>
> Davy

Three months, no clogs..oem...WOW! I'm impressed (not!).
Try 10 yrs after market only NO CLOGS.
Now I'm impressed.
Frank

YOU ARE A TEENAGER. DO YOU HAVE A SHAVED HEAD. DO YOU PLAY WITH
YOURSELF THINKING ABOUT GETTING LAID.

Elmer Spudd wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:11:35 +1200, frederick <lost@sea.co.zn> wrote:
>

>>Anyone using an Epson printer should view the following thread:
>>
>>http://www.photo-i.co.uk/BB/viewtopic.php?t=809
>>
>>Counterfeit inks destroying a (printhead on an) Epson R1800.
>>
>>Note that these are counterfeit cartridges - not "aftermarket"
>>cartridges. The buyer purchased them from a "reputable retailer" in
>>Europe - not a dodgy on-line discounter.
>>

><snip>
>
>A very good reason for buying compatibles, which I have always done and I am
>still waiting for a printer to explode / melt / vaporize / clogg to death /
>whatever.

THAT LOGIC IS SO STUPID. YOU JUST GOOTA BE A JERK

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:54:22 GMT, measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote:

>>A very good reason for buying compatibles, which I have always done and I am
>>still waiting for a printer to explode / melt / vaporize / clogg to death /
>>whatever.
>>

>THAT LOGIC IS SO STUPID. YOU JUST GOOTA BE A JERK

So, I am a jerk with no problem with cheap cartridges.
I don't mind.
Question: are you some Nigerian crook? Clue the illiterate upper case outburst.

--

E.S.

JUST CAUSE YOU HEAD COMES TO A POINT
DON'T THINK YOUR SHARP

Frank wrote:

> Davy wrote:
>
>> Genuine Canon cartridges has reflective heliographic sticker's on the
>> box.
>>
>> To date I have always ensured I purchase from a reputable company and
>> not from 'El cheapo' suppliers and computer fair venders.
>>
>> I've stuck with Canon inks because the printer has not clogged even
>> once in over three months every print being 100%, apart from 'user
>> cock-ups', never once needed a manual nozzle clean to date.
>>
>> Besides Canon printers uses ink and not waste it like the Epson I had
>> which made people buy cheap inks because of the waste and expense, a
>> good printer that's economical with the inks deserves the best ink.
>>
>> I think there's been counterfit Epson tanks out a while now, it's easy
>> to see why if you take the price into consideration.
>>
>> Davy
>>
> Three months, no clogs..oem...WOW! I'm impressed (not!).
> Try 10 yrs after market only MANY CLOGS.
> Now I'm impressed.
> Frank

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Elmer Spudd wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:54:22 GMT, measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote:
>

>>>A very good reason for buying compatibles, which I have always done and I am
>>>still waiting for a printer to explode / melt / vaporize / clogg to death /
>>>whatever.
>>>

>>THAT LOGIC IS SO STUPID. YOU JUST GOOTA BE A JERK
>>

> So, I am a jerk with no problem with cheap cartridges.
> I don't mind.
> Question: are you some Nigerian crook? Clue the illiterate upper case outburst.
>
> --
>
> E.S.
He's a brain dead moron. Pay no attention to the jerk, he's nothing but
a loser.
Frank

Frank wrote:

>>> THAT LOGIC IS SO STUPID. YOU JUST GOOTA BE A JERK
>>>

>> So, I am a jerk with no problem with cheap cartridges.
>> I don't mind.
>> Question: are you some Nigerian crook? Clue the illiterate upper case
>> outburst.
>>
>> --
>>
>> E.S.
>

> Frank He's a brain dead moron. Pay no attention to the jerk, he's
> nothing but a loser.

frederick

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2004

Davy wrote:
> Genuine Canon cartridges has reflective heliographic sticker's on the
> box.

So do genuine Epson cartridges.
These came in boxes with fake "Genuine" stickers...

davy

[
quote="frederick"]Davy wrote:
> Genuine Canon cartridges has reflective heliographic sticker's on
the
> box.
>
> So do genuine Epson cartridges.
These came in boxes with fake "Genuine"
stickers...

So, some folks are getting pretty desperate and wanna jump on the band
wagon just to sell ink,

so what ink dya really get when buying 3rd party ink, as said all
before no one knows, moral is buy from a reputable supplier.

Davy

Epson cartridges packaging also has a holographic sticker on it, but as
with any technology cheap enough to mass produce for such purposes,
counterfeiters can have it made for themselves, also.

Art

Davy wrote:

> Genuine Canon cartridges has reflective heliographic sticker's on the
> box.
>
> To date I have always ensured I purchase from a reputable company and
> not from 'El cheapo' suppliers and computer fair venders.
>
> I've stuck with Canon inks because the printer has not clogged even
> once in over three months every print being 100%, apart from 'user
> cock-ups', never once needed a manual nozzle clean to date.
>
> Besides Canon printers uses ink and not waste it like the Epson I had
> which made people buy cheap inks because of the waste and expense, a
> good printer that's economical with the inks deserves the best ink.
>
> I think there's been counterfit Epson tanks out a while now, it's easy
> to see why if you take the price into consideration.
>
> Davy

davy

Silly ol me heliographic indeed, what was I thinking of l..o..l..

Holographic/hologram is the word.

Davy