when forwarding message,attachments are missing.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hello,

I realised this morning when I forwarded a message with pictures attached,
that the pictures were not sent.
I had no problem with this up to yesterday.
No settings have been changed.
OS: windows xp with latest updates, SP2 included. IE 6.
Thanks for your suggestions. phil
7 answers Last reply
More about when forwarding message attachments missing
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    phil wrote:
    > I realised this morning when I forwarded a message with pictures
    > attached, that the pictures were not sent.
    > I had no problem with this up to yesterday.
    > No settings have been changed.
    > OS: windows xp with latest updates, SP2 included. IE 6.
    > Thanks for your suggestions. phil

    Great - we know your Operating System, it's Service Pack level and the
    Internet Browser package (that is included) that you MIGHT be using - but
    have NO IDEA what Email Client you are using.

    One could (and I guess has no choice) but to assume you are using Outlook
    Express.

    Although I personally do not highly recommend disabling the security, try
    this:

    - go to your OE
    - click the tools menu
    - click options
    - click securty tab
    - UNCHECK where it says "do not allow attachements to be saved or opened
    that could potentially be a virus"...
    - click OK
    - close OE
    - re-open OE

    May/may not be your problem, but worth the check.

    --
    <- Shenan ->
    --
    The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
    yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
    responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
    getting into before you jump in with both feet.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    Thanks for your reply. I am using OE.... Do not allow attachments to be
    saved or opened.... is not ticked on..... So that is not the sollution.
    It might have something to do ,with the kind of image that was attached. It
    was a >gif<.
    I vaguely remember having read something about it in this newsgroup.
    Thanks again and good day... Phil
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    "phil" <pvandermeeren0522xyz@yrogers.com> wrote in message
    news:eErVCSyyEHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl
    > Thanks for your reply. I am using OE.... Do not allow attachments to
    > be saved or opened.... is not ticked on..... So that is not the
    > sollution. It might have something to do ,with the kind of image that was
    > attached. It was a >gif<.
    > I vaguely remember having read something about it in this newsgroup.
    > Thanks again and good day... Phil

    Tools | Options | Send. In the HTML Settings for mail, make sure Send
    pictures with messages is checked.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
    http://www.fjsmjs.com
    Protect your PC
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    "
    >
    > Tools | Options | Send. In the HTML Settings for mail, make sure Send
    > pictures with messages is checked.
    I checked that too Frank...Send pictures with messages... is checked. So,
    there must be another reason. The failure to send the attachment, seem to
    have been limited to that particular email, and that particular image.

    Thanks for your suggestion. Phil

    >
    > --
    > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    > Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
    > http://www.fjsmjs.com
    > Protect your PC
    > http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/
    >
    >
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    I also have had the same problem. I could attach pic last week and now I
    cannot.

    "phil" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I realised this morning when I forwarded a message with pictures attached,
    > that the pictures were not sent.
    > I had no problem with this up to yesterday.
    > No settings have been changed.
    > OS: windows xp with latest updates, SP2 included. IE 6.
    > Thanks for your suggestions. phil
    >
    >
    >
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    i too am having the same problem. running xp pro using hotmail with sp2.
    have tried all suggestions posted. either the reciever gets files and they
    are labled ".txt" or they recieve text only. the files are not ".txt" when i
    receive them but when i forward they somehow arrive that way. HELP. i've only
    recently started having this problem after having to be re-formatted.


    "Grant in Roch NY" wrote:

    > I also have had the same problem. I could attach pic last week and now I
    > cannot.
    >
    > "phil" wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I realised this morning when I forwarded a message with pictures attached,
    > > that the pictures were not sent.
    > > I had no problem with this up to yesterday.
    > > No settings have been changed.
    > > OS: windows xp with latest updates, SP2 included. IE 6.
    > > Thanks for your suggestions. phil
    > >
    > >
    > >
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    In news:28B6A7F0-38C0-4B3B-A3CF-D0803460C278@microsoft.com,
    sonja <sonja@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

    > i too am having the same problem. running xp pro using hotmail with
    > sp2. have tried all suggestions posted. either the reciever gets
    > files and they are labled ".txt" or they recieve text only. the files
    > are not ".txt" when i receive them but when i forward they somehow
    > arrive that way. HELP. i've only recently started having this problem
    > after having to be re-formatted.

    Try compressing the files with something like WinZip or another compression
    format. Then send it.

    Galen
    --
    Signature changed for a moment of silence.
    Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.
Ask a new question

Read More

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP