Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 does not recognize USB pen

Last response: in Windows 7
May 29, 2011 11:46:05 PM

I have a TDK Trans-it 4GB pen. One of my machines recognizes it just fine, but the other does not evenn recognize it (no dialog, search for new hardware does not return). Any help?
May 29, 2011 11:48:56 PM

lms63 said:
I have a TDK Trans-it 4GB pen. One of my machines recognizes it just fine, but the other does not evenn recognize it (no dialog, search for new hardware does not return). Any help?

Forgot to say both machines run Windows 7 (so I am baffled as it does not appear to be OS-related and the pen seems fine since it reads just fine on one machine).

Thanks.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 29, 2011 11:49:38 PM

Try all the other USB ports on that PC. If you tried the front ports, they may not be connected properly.
m
l
Related resources
May 30, 2011 12:23:07 AM

Nope, the ports are fine (it is a laptop). I tried another pen on the same slot and it worked just fine. It is quite strange. You can hear the beep that implies the hardware is sensed, but unlike with other pens there is no indication that the driver was installed nor that the files are available. Nothing happens. If I pull out the pen it beeps again...
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
May 30, 2011 12:24:30 AM

Assuming that your USB ports are working, look in device manager when you plug in the pen drive if you see a yellow pling against a USB device delete the device remove the USB pen and then refit.
June 13, 2011 4:04:54 PM

Strangely enough the Trans-it driver was not marked as problematic. However, deleting the driver and plugging the pen back in did the trick. It now reads it just fine. Thanks a lot.
m
l
June 13, 2011 5:23:33 PM

Best answer selected by lms63.
m
l
!