invalid boot ini file

Since last few days when I start my computer (windows xp) it shows the
message invalid boot ini file --booting from c:\ windows. and then it
starts. kindly let me know how can I correct this.
2 answers Last reply
More about invalid boot file

    go>start\run and type in msconfig and click ok or hit enter on your keyboard.
    Now click the boot.ini tab and then click the "check all boot paths" button.
    If there is an incorrect entry this will prompt you to remove it. You can of
    cours modify or edit the boot.ini entries yourself. start\control
    panel\system\advanced tab\startup and recovery section\ settings
    button\system startup section\edit button. If you have XP Home Edition and
    SP2 and only 1 partition then your boot.ini will look something like this:

    [boot loader]
    timeout=3
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home
    Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut

    Post back if you need more.

    BOOT.INI is a Hidden, Read-only file in the root directory of your boot drive, usually C:. You can access it by going to Control Panel, System, Advanced, Startup and Recovery, Settings. In the System Startup section, click the Edit button. BOOT.INI will open in Notepad. A typical BOOT.INI file, for an SP2 system looks like this:

    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Profesional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

    Ensure that the multi(0)....... line in [operating systems] doesn't wrap. If you're unsure of your setup, please post back with more information such as the number of hard disks in your system, how they're partitioned and etc.
    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Jagdish Chandra" <bobrup51@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uszqYNyyEHA.2200@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Since last few days when I start my computer (windows xp) it shows the
    > message invalid boot ini file --booting from c:\ windows. and then it
    > starts. kindly let me know how can I correct this.

Boot Microsoft Windows XP