mimi

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2002

HI ALL,
I HOPE SOMEONE CAN PLEASE HELP ME, MY P.C KEEPS SAYING VIRTUAL MEMORY LOW
AND CLOSING DOWN PROGRAMMS, THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE ANDI REALLY DONT
KNOW WHAT TO DO, PLEASE HELP
THANKS
MIMI

virtual memory=pagefile. You can turn off the warning if you like but the
first thing I would do in your case is to ensure that the pagefile is set to
"system managed size". go>start\control panel\system\advance tab\performance
- settings button\advanced tab\virtual memory - change button\ then put a
check in "system managed". One of the best ways to limit the use of the
pagefile is to ensure that you have enough RAM. For XP I recommend a minimum
of 512MB. Hope this helps. Post back if it doesn't.

mimi

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2002

thanxs i hope it will work

"The Unknown P" wrote:

> virtual memory=pagefile. You can turn off the warning if you like but the
> first thing I would do in your case is to ensure that the pagefile is set to
> "system managed size". go>start\control panel\system\advance tab\performance
> - settings button\advanced tab\virtual memory - change button\ then put a
> check in "system managed". One of the best ways to limit the use of the
> pagefile is to ensure that you have enough RAM. For XP I recommend a minimum
> of 512MB. Hope this helps. Post back if it doesn't.

I would also recommend downloading and running either Spybot
(http://security.kolla.de/) or Ad-Aware
(http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/) to search your system
for any spyware programs. They can use up a lot of resources.