my x1900xtx graphics problem

OHBOY

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
Well the only problem i have with my x1900xtx is that hmm this is hard to explain lol.. well the out line of a texture is always like flikering for exampel hmm in my game css in the map dd2 when u go into a hall way full of tiles like the lines of the tiles like fliker or the blood from any of the player flikers.. when moving window frames and panels fliker and alot of stuff... in my ccs when i try to confiquer my settings to max like yeah it makes the texture sharp when putting it in aa x 6 and af x16 but the lines kind of fliker still.. i had this problem befor in my oblivion game but i managed to fix it dont knwo how ... but then lateron happend again... i tryed to over clock my card once not knowing how.. u think that this has effect my card.. chip???????? please i need help here :| :cry: :cry:

kaotao

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
Sounds like a driver issue. Downlod the latest ATI drivers, COMPLETELY remove all old drivers, reboot. At this point you may want to use a driver cleaner,and then install the new ones. The ATI website also has a nice step by step procedure you can follow for this. You probably already know this, but I figured I'd get it out of the way in case you didn't.

OHBOY

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
ived tryed to unistall and installed the newest ccs drivers.. like about 15 times :\ never heard of a drivers cleaner doh ...

kaotao

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
download and install the app. Go to add/remove programs, click on ATI uninstall utility, remove, reboot, use driver cleaner app, and then install cat6.9.

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Not necesarily a driver issue. If you want to push AF to the max (and I'm not even pondering the possibility of you using AAA and HQAF along with AFx16), be prepared to see some flickering issue on certain textures and certain games.

OHBOY

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
k thx guys ill try to see if i can fix it just the wierd thing is this happend to me befor and i managed to fix it dont know now doh lol? lol but anyways the flikering needs to stop and happend in all my game Cammand and conquer zero hour, CSS, Oblivion ,age of empires 3 ,fear,.. :| thx :p

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
It's easy to fix the flickering, disable HQAF (if used), and then drop AF down to x8. Games will still look good enough. I have yet to see the real visual benefit of HQAF.

The flickering issue has been around for a long time on ATi cards in some games, and it's just down to textures and how AF code tackles it.

OHBOY

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
ok i tryed everything from unistalling ccs then running driver cleaner pro then installing the ccs again.. but hasnt changed .. just for u gusy can understand whats going on exactly cuz im not that good in explaining thing :\ well u know that car u seee in the ccs when u change graphics settings to high how the outline of the car gets sharper and the streets u can see the ground better.. well when i put everything on high just 8x and 6x with out AAA enabled i can still see in some angles the car changed to like flikering not the car the car doesnt fliker its the out line lines that do like if ur facing the right side of the car u can see like on the back of the car the hood flikering line then when u see from behind car u can see the front lines of the car fliker but not the back slightly noticible ...

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Disable everything, and then see if it's still there. If not, enable one at a time, and see where the issue comes in. Otherwise, uninstall cat, driver cleaner pro, reinstall the latest drivers (6.9)

What's the temp on ur gcard? I know my dad's 1600xt does the same, but it's due to heat on the card seeing that it's a silent heat pipe card, so the memory runs hot after awhile.

OHBOY

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
HMMM GOING TO TRY THAT BUT sorry for caps but .. if i disable everything and lower all settings is what ur telling me to do right? in css and see how the line texture in the car looks i thinks its going to look horrible flilkering worst.. ill try and my temps are like 68c high 75 76

OHBOY

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
HERE U GO I GOT SOME EXAMPLE PICTURES OF MY ISSUE... NOW U MIGHT SEE WHAT IAM ACTUALY TALKING ABOUT..

WINDOWS.jpg

xf.jpg

lineline.jpg

counterstrike.jpg

OHBOY

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
I've seen it plenty of times, really, sometime is stays and sometimes it goes.

Are you fidling with something like ATI Tray Tools or ATITool?

do u mean if i have or used ati tray tool or atitool??????