Sign in with
Your question

Major problem with new dell laptop, help needed

Last response: in CPUs
September 23, 2006 1:52:06 AM

i know this is in the wrong section but that doesnt matter atm....

anyways i just got this new laptop for my sister and iv already buggered it up... it came with a 7300 go for my gpu and so i proceeded to get the new drivers from nvidea 84.63... so then i take the old ones off use driver cleaner restart in safe mode and then load it on but then it says its not bloody compatible... so can somone please find me the correct drivers or tell me whats wrong...

btw this is a dell laptop

and this is the exact message: "The NVIDIA setup program could no locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

wtf am i supposed to do?
September 23, 2006 2:06:03 AM

You will need to get your drivers from Dell. But they are not very up to date I'm afraid.

You could have a look here http://laptopvideo2go.com/
These are sort of hacked drivers so use at your own risk.
September 23, 2006 2:16:51 AM

well why cant u give me the actual drivers from the website since atm i cant seem to find the bloody things..
Related resources
September 23, 2006 2:43:38 AM

Quote:
well why cant u give me the actual drivers from the website since atm i cant seem to find the bloody things..

Because we don't know anything about your laptop? What's the model?
September 23, 2006 2:47:46 AM

Dude ! You got Dell'ed !

Sorry, couldn't resist...
September 23, 2006 2:54:54 AM

well its not mine... my pc is a custom work of art by me :)  lol

anyways i thought i gave my info on my pc but guess not.. its the dell Inspiron 6400/E1505
September 23, 2006 2:59:59 AM

k problem averted my "brilliance" :oops:  lol made me find the download area..

btw never buy dell... or at least never buy a laptop lol :wink:
September 23, 2006 8:16:19 AM

No laptops are very cool. Just dont trust dell.

The pros and cons of most laptops are
1 50% of games will not work with them Even the games in the box tells you so. Unless you have a high end Laptop or also known as a desktop replacement.
2 higher price
3 smaller hard drive
4 not as fast as a desktop

But for me I like laptops for I can use it for artwork and pictures and use it as a mp3 player.
!