Help, new build restarting

Yupyup

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
Alright so I was playing Counter-strike source today. I play a few rounds and my system decides to restart. Any ideas?

e6300
7600GT
gigabyte ds3
2gb patriot
Antec smart power 450

Tell me if you need any more info

axilon

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Did it pop a blue screen with text then restart?

Stack dump error

or device driver error..

likely problems, or its 'overheating'...

axilon

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
it did the whole shutdown procedure? Windows logged out and all... or it turned off and restarted as if you hit the reset button on the case?

rahul_cracker

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
hi
Try arranging a other psu preferably antec 450 and then try if there is no problem the your ventilation is not good ,or vice versa the psu is not good

pip_seeker

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I coming up blank. The only reason the PC would restart itself is if it's overheating. If it was the PSU it would just shut off without logging out of windows first. So i don't know what it is.

this is not true... any exception error will cause the pc to reboot...If you have windows set to auto reboot in the event there is an error / BSOD etc.

To stop the auto reboot get into system properties from control panel. Once in system properties choose advanced tab, click start up and recovery "settings" tab.

Startup / Recover box appears, uncheck Auto Restart. The next time it BSOD's write the error down and google it.