Closed

BlackBerry 7280 Unlock Help.

Last response: in Network Providers
November 16, 2004 7:19:22 AM

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:22:53 -0600, "Blackberry" <eric@erickarr.com>
said in alt.cellular.cingular:

>Does anyone know who to unlock a BlackBerry 7280? The IMEI is
>010227000404142

What carrier is it locked to? Was the original contract fulfilled?
Is there still any amount owing on the original account? Has the
phone been reported lost or stolen?

If the answers to all these questions fall into the right slots, it
may take just a free phone call to get the SIM unlock code.
November 19, 2004 1:26:22 AM

Al Klein <rukbat@verizon.org> wrote in message news:<6rvip0ppj9pi534hv91nsmn6ghml9a82er@4ax.com>...
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:22:53 -0600, "Blackberry" <eric@erickarr.com>
> said in alt.cellular.cingular:
>
> >Does anyone know who to unlock a BlackBerry 7280? The IMEI is
> >010227000404142
>
> What carrier is it locked to? Was the original contract fulfilled?
> Is there still any amount owing on the original account? Has the
> phone been reported lost or stolen?
>
> If the answers to all these questions fall into the right slots, it
> may take just a free phone call to get the SIM unlock code.

The phone is locked to AT&T and they will not provide the unlock pin
code, period. The original contract was fullfilled, the account
balance is zero and the phone is not lost or stolen. I just want to be
able to use it now that I am at Cingular. Using a V400 untill I can
figure something out.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated.
Eric
Related resources
November 19, 2004 3:07:43 AM

Check E-bay I saw a few Remote unlocking service it may cost you up to 35$
Also call around your town and talk to cell stores that do repairs I have
unlocked a few phones but not the Blackberry But It can be done
"Eric" <eric@startingover2.com> wrote in message
> Al Klein <rukbat@verizon.org> wrote in message
> > On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:22:53 -0600, "Blackberry" <eric@erickarr.com>
> > said in alt.cellular.cingular:
> >
> > >Does anyone know who to unlock a BlackBerry 7280? The IMEI is
> > >010227000404142
> >
> > What carrier is it locked to? Was the original contract fulfilled?
> > Is there still any amount owing on the original account? Has the
> > phone been reported lost or stolen?
> >
> > If the answers to all these questions fall into the right slots, it
> > may take just a free phone call to get the SIM unlock code.
>

> The phone is locked to AT&T and they will not provide the unlock pin
> code, period. The original contract was fullfilled, the account
> balance is zero and the phone is not lost or stolen. I just want to be
> able to use it now that I am at Cingular. Using a V400 untill I can
> figure something out.
>
> Any help you could provide would be appreciated.
> Eric
Anonymous
November 20, 2004 6:23:18 AM

On 18 Nov 2004 22:26:22 -0800, eric@startingover2.com (Eric) said in
alt.cellular.cingular:

>The phone is locked to AT&T and they will not provide the unlock pin
>code, period. The original contract was fullfilled, the account
>balance is zero and the phone is not lost or stolen. I just want to be
>able to use it now that I am at Cingular. Using a V400 untill I can
>figure something out.

>Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

1. Check with Google. There are a few sites that will give you the
unlock code for around $5.

2. See a Cingular dealer. Cingular is supposed to be coming out with
a dual SIM that will solve the AT&T lock problem.

BTW, it depends on the carrier. T-Mobile will give (actually email)
you the unlock code after the contract is over, as long as the account
is still active. AT&T categorically wouldn't give out the code.
Neither will Sprint.
September 25, 2009 8:22:47 AM

The only company I've found *BUT HAVE NEVER USED* is BongoWireless. Their web site - http://www.bongowireless.com/pages.php?pageid=16#11 - claims they can unlock a 7280.

T-Mobile will give you the code under certain circumstances.
AT&T will never give you the unlock code
Cingular sells their BlackBerrys unlocked (could be interesting when the merger closes)

There are no unlock code calculators that I know of (unlike, for example, the Nokia phones).
July 3, 2011 9:27:30 PM

I do Blackberry Unlocking Via IMEI

If you are outside the UK I charge $10

If you are in within the UK I charge £5

If you are interested please email me back at : darkmagician2011@hotmail.co.uk

or

add me on msn : anderson-jones@hotmail.com

I can get the codes within a few mins !! I dont even require the phone. I can speak to you on MSN or Email and help you unlock it :-)

Please do get in touch if interested

Thanks
August 18, 2011 4:51:02 PM

There are several online vendors that you unlock you Blackberry most are very fast and professional. Just google unlockmybberry for a list.

Once you get code use the following instructions to Unlock BlackBerry 7280

1. Make sure all the connections are off (go to Manage Connections > Turn All Connections Off)

2. Go to the "Options" Menu of your BlackBerry 7280

3. Select "SIM CARD" on the menu and click on it. (if you can find it try to look for it in the "Advanced Options")

4. Type "MEPD" if you get a massege saying somthing like "active" then Type " MEP2". Notice that the it will not appear on the screen. also, when you type numbers make sure to HOLD the "ALT" or "SHIFT" key ( type MEP hold alt/shift and type 2). or hold the "ALT" key and type it all togther.

5. Then you will be asked to enter a code (if you can't see it try step 4 once again) you can try to type MEPPD and MEPP2 instand of MEPD and MEP2

6. Enter the unlocking code for your BlackBerry 7280

7. If the BlackBerry unlocked you will get an "Code Accepted" message. (if a wrong code used try other code)

8. Restart your BlackBerry 7280, now your BlackBerry 7280 is Unlocked, you can turn connections back on on use your BlackBerry.

Hope this works for you.

August 29, 2011 1:19:41 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!