hey guys need some help find a product I am not sure exists

kevinnem

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2003
Hello all. I am look for a product to do wireless usb conections.

SO imagine this you have something that is USB ocnected, lets say a mouse - for example. now you have a cable going from mouse to computer (USB port) - fancy stuff eh :) - now lets say you want to get rid of the cable. so you have a part taht would plug in to the computer. and a part that would plug in to the mouse (this end would need power some how).

now you can walk across the room and still use your mouse (or what ever you hook up , cammera, ect)

Now, the problem with doing goole searchs, and search on teh forum is if you search for USB wireless or something like that you get a ton of hit for plain out wireless networks, that hook in to computer via USB, and I am not sure that is going to work.

http://www.peavey.com/news/article.cfm/action/view/id/147/20052107.cfm
is what I want to make wireles, and hook up to a laptop. so taht I can walk around with the laptop, and still get in to that unit.

Any idea guys?

Kev./

shadowspank

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
thats because there is nothing out there like that usb wireless is still being tought off. bluetooth is what you might be thinking off. but yeah if you have the knoldge look arouund good to radio shack and start making one you could market it and sell it :)

goobersboy

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
I have been looking for this product for quite a while. I've got this laptop, wireless internet, a battery, but then all these "things" attached to it through my USB cable. You can achieve what you want through your existing wireless network if you have one.
I am torn between a few products right now-
USB servers: Keyspan and Silex has them. google keyspan or silex with usb server and you'll find some reviews. I am leading towards the silex 2.0 server because there are some ebay sores that price it at around $100. Which is retail for the usb 1.1 servers fron silex and keyspan.
I also ran across something else at compusa and have an e-mail into them to find out more about it. I may not get much back because the device was in the store and is not even on their website. It is a 4 port usb 2.0 starage and print server. I looked at the instructions in the store and it seems like it could work with some firware upgrades... sort of risky though.