Antec P180 vs. Lian Li PC-S80

bhaltair

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
In the next couple months I will start buying the components to build a decently powered system. I wanted to start my research now and have come here to get some good feedback on which part will suit me best.

I will most likely be using a C2D what clock speed is still up in air depending on the prices of the chips when I decide to upgrade but I want the 4MB of Cache. With that said I was looking in to appropriate cases for my needs and came across two that seem to stand out. I want a relativley silent system that runs cool but also allows me some flexibility in overclocking (not sure if that's an oxymoron). The two cases that seem to fit that need are:

1. Antec P180
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129154

2. Lian Li PC-S80
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112110

Now there is an obvious price difference in the two cases but in honesty I care more about the quality of the product and the ability to fit my needs. Anyone have any suggestions on which case would suit me best?

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I have the P180B and love it to death! It has enough cooling options and is completely solid and comes with quiet fans! I'd recommend sticking with an Antec fan to keep the quietness as well as get an aftermarket cooler! Also, if you go to www.silentpcreview.com, they've reviewed the case as well. There, you can get some more info. Overall, very roomy! Make note, it is quite large and I would not really consider it a "mid-tower" case.

No offense, but the Lian is but ugly and waste of money!

wun911

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
The dude says he dont care about price he care about quality.....

Nobody else can fashion bits of metal like lian li....

But if you cant afford a lian li just get a P180....

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
The dude says he dont care about price he care about quality.....

Nobody else can fashion bits of metal like lian li....

But if you cant afford a lian li just get a P180....

I agree with that, but he also came looking for advice, which was given :)

Personally I go with the P180, like the looks of it and have always liked Antec cases.