Underground wants to start over after lockup?

I've been working my way through Underground mode, was on around race
#85 and my system crashed as I was trying to exit the game. I wasn't
in the middle of a race, simply in Underground mode and moving through
menus. When I go back into the game, my initial game profile is still
there, but when I click UNDERGROUND, it goes to the very beginning. I
know where all my profile files are, my question is, what can I do
about this? Is it corrupt beyond repair, and do I have to start the
whole thing over?

Thanks,

-Rick

Create the profile again and use the Savegame Editor to get on stage 85.Then
Use the uniqe Vis.Upgrades unlocker and unlock Hoods and Rims.