MS WORD LOST FROM DESKTOP

I somehow removed Microsoft Word from my desktop. It's accessible through
the My Documents folder, but I would like to have it back on the desktop and
haven't been able to figure out how to accomplish this. Thanks very much.
--
Bill E

Simply find out the shortcut from start menu, and then drag to the desktop by
right-click, then select "copy to here"

"Bill E" wrote:

> I somehow removed Microsoft Word from my desktop. It's accessible through
> the My Documents folder, but I would like to have it back on the desktop and
> haven't been able to figure out how to accomplish this. Thanks very much.
> --
> Bill E

Kenny: Thanks; but I am unable to find a shortcut--or even Word itself--in
Start-Programs. Am I looking in the wrong place?

"Kenny TSE" wrote:

> Simply find out the shortcut from start menu, and then drag to the desktop by
> right-click, then select "copy to here"
>
> "Bill E" wrote:
>
> > I somehow removed Microsoft Word from my desktop. It's accessible through
> > the My Documents folder, but I would like to have it back on the desktop and
> > haven't been able to figure out how to accomplish this. Thanks very much.
> > --
> > Bill E

If it is accessible through your Documents folder then
try right-clicking the icon and select send to, desktop.

Hi

You don't say which version of MS Word you have. The following - put into
the Target box of a new shortcut - is for MS Word 2003 (as part of Office
2003):

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE"

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Bill E" <BillE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I somehow removed Microsoft Word from my desktop. It's accessible through
> the My Documents folder, but I would like to have it back on the desktop
> and
> haven't been able to figure out how to accomplish this. Thanks very much.
> --
> Bill E

Will; It's 2002. Still not being sure, I went to Start-Search and entered
"WINWORD," and, right-clicking on the "application" and moving it to the
desktop it appears to be restored. Thank you very much for your help. I
really appreciate it.

=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbCBF?= <BillE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Will; It's 2002. Still not being sure, I went to Start-Search and
> entered "WINWORD," and, right-clicking on the "application" and
> moving it to the desktop it appears to be restored. Thank you very
> much for your help. I really appreciate it.

I hope you just created a shortcut to it and not moved the exe file. I
still get confused with drag'n'drop, if its going to make a
shortcut...move the file. Just to be safe, I alway's right-button drag
and drop, which then presents a context menu allowing you to choose move
or copy.

In the future, if you need to create a desktop shortcut to something
else, after locating it, just right-click on it, then 'Send to...' ->
'Desktop (create shortcut)'............no question's there.

DanS

> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> You don't say which version of MS Word you have. The following - put
>> into the Target box of a new shortcut - is for MS Word 2003 (as part
>> of Office 2003):
>>
>> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE"
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Bill E" <BillE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I somehow removed Microsoft Word from my desktop. It's accessible
>> >through
>> > the My Documents folder, but I would like to have it back on the
>> > desktop and
>> > haven't been able to figure out how to accomplish this. Thanks
>> > very much. --
>> > Bill E

Glad you've got your shortcut back. The command I posted would have to be
altered slightly for MS Word 2002.