X1900 XTX on ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe

wanthuyr

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
Hello folks!

Is it possible to run this configuration?
I mean, a single X1900 XTX, with no CrossFire.
Is that totally compatible? Does it worth it?

My GeForce 7900 GT from BFG Tech really seems to be deffective, as I tested it in another PC with the same symptoms! So, as I live in Brasil and an RMA might be expensive and "time-consuming" (not sure, I have never done an RMA), my intention might be to go back to ATI...

Thank you!

4745454b

Titan
I don't see why it wouldn't work. I believe you are thinking it won't because the card is ATI, while the chipset is Nvidia. If this is the case, you're wrong. As long as the motherboard has a PCIe 16x slot the card will work, it doesn't matter who made the card.

There is one other thing you might be missing. Both the 7900GT and x1900XTX are power hungry cards. If your psu is small/budget, that might account for the issues you're having with the 7900GT. These issues won't go away by switching to a different video card. (that happens to use even more power then the 7900GT.) If you have a 350-400W powersupply, or one made by a fly by night company, that could be the source of your problems. You should consider upgrading if this is the case.

Lastly, I've never RMA'd from Brasil but its not a bad process here in the states.

wanthuyr

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
That is good news, then, since it is going to work OK.

I really do not think it is a PSU problem, since the one I use (SevenTeam) is rated at 500 Watts, and it also has more than required Amps.

Thank you!

sailer

Splendid
Hello folks!

Is it possible to run this configuration?
I mean, a single X1900 XTX, with no CrossFire.
Is that totally compatible? Does it worth it?

My GeForce 7900 GT from BFG Tech really seems to be deffective, as I tested it in another PC with the same symptoms! So, as I live in Brasil and an RMA might be expensive and "time-consuming" (not sure, I have never done an RMA), my intention might be to go back to ATI...

Thank you!

I have an A8N32-SLI Deluxe and have run a single X1900 XTX for a few months now with no problem. The one I have is from Sapphire and has watercooling, but any X1900 XTX should work without problem.

Its recommended that you have a psu of 550 wt or greater, but a 500 wt should do if you're not running a lot of other hardware. I haven't heard of SevenTeam, so don't know if that is a good one or not. If you have problems with the psu, Antec, Enermax, Hyper, and Seasonic all make good psu's.