• Sound Cards
  • Platinum
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Microphone
  • Front Panel
  • Components
Last response: in Components
September 23, 2006 8:01:54 PM

The front panel microphone/linein2 jack on my soundblaster audigy 2zs platinum doesn't seem to work with my cyber acoustics headset. I tried both jumper settings for the microphone type and it doesn't work for either not sure what type of microphone is on the headset but I think it is dynamic but i tried the other setting on jumper just to make sure I made sure line in/mic 2 is selected and the volume was turned up for the mic 2 and no dice. The headset mic works if its plugged into the rear jack on the card itself but thats a real pain to have to hook up my headset and disconnect my speakers when ever I want to play counterstrike. The headphone jack on the front pannel works though. Not sure why the microphone jack doesn't work. Any suggestions?

More about : audigy 2zs platinum front panel microphone jack doesnot work

September 25, 2006 9:35:23 PM

the important piece of missing info, is: Do the rest of the front I/O pannel features work?
September 25, 2006 11:16:47 PM

the rest of jacks i tested seem to work. the headphone jack works as does the aux in red and white, and the optical out has a red light so i assume that works too. haven't tested everything else but those 3 seem to work.
Related resources
September 26, 2006 1:08:29 AM

so, you plug your headset into the line in two, at least the mic part, and then you plug in the sound input into the front headphone jack?
September 26, 2006 1:43:58 AM

yup, the headphones part works the mic doesn't if pluged in the front pannel.

both work if pluged directly to the back of the sound card
September 26, 2006 1:47:41 AM

Damn, it wasn't what I thought it might be, have you checked to see if there is a software option that corresponds to the jumper changes? I don't know if I can really help at all this seems really weird maybe contact creative.
September 26, 2006 2:08:41 AM

I contacted creative but I figured I'd post here just in case someone had a similar issue and knew how to solve it.

Thanks for responding.
September 26, 2006 2:45:51 AM

Ummm, I'm sure you've tried this, but the second knobby on the front controls mic volume. Is it on?