Equation Editor in Pocket Word?

January 21, 2005 9:07:01 PM

I am looking for some sort of equation typer/editor for Pocket Word. What I
would like to do is bring my Pocket PC to classes with me and be able to type
my notes. The problem is that most of my notes include both math and text.
Word and equation editor work great on my desktop but I am looking for the
same thing in the pocket version. I am currently using Windows Mobile 2003
on an HP iPAQ 3100 series if that helps. Thanks for any help
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 7:53:53 PM

Pocket Word does not provide any means to type/edit Equations per se.
However what you could do is "write" your equations instead of typing them.
Click on "View"->"Writing" to write text into your Pocket Word document
using the stylus if you want to enter an equation.Then click on "View" ->
"Typing" to go back to the typing mode.

Thanks,
Nitish Khadiya

"jwt29" <jwt29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am looking for some sort of equation typer/editor for Pocket Word. What
> would like to do is bring my Pocket PC to classes with me and be able to
> type
> my notes. The problem is that most of my notes include both math and
> text.
> Word and equation editor work great on my desktop but I am looking for the
> same thing in the pocket version. I am currently using Windows Mobile
> 2003
> on an HP iPAQ 3100 series if that helps. Thanks for any help
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 8:14:29 PM

Textmaker is more featured than PocketWord, perhaps that has formulae
editing options? You can download the manual to see if it is included,
and also get a months trial to find out if it is suitable. I couldn't
see it as an option but it was just a quick look and sometimes
Softmakers menu placing and wording seems a bit strange.

!