EXTREMELY slow porsche unleashed

I ran porsche unleashed for the first time since i put my nvidia mx440
(128mb) in and it runs so slow, its unplayable. is there a compatability
issue with this brand or model of video card? is there a fix for the slow
game speed?
9 answers Last reply
More about extremely slow porsche unleashed
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > I ran porsche unleashed for the first time since i put my nvidia mx440
    > (128mb) in and it runs so slow, its unplayable. is there a compatability
    > issue with this brand or model of video card? is there a fix for the slow
    > game speed?

    Other than throwing money at it, you can tune the graphics all the way down.

    The computer world is ever moving... it won't slow down for anyone. Gamers
    like you and I are expected to upgrade video cards regularly to keep up with
    the standard.

    Sad? Maybe. But I'd hate to buy a game but never discover its full
    potential.

    I'm currently using GeForceTi4400, Pentium4 2.8GHz CPU, 1Gb RAM in my game
    computer, and I plan to build a new computer in the next year to keep up
    with the games.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:19:30 +0800, "KC Wong" <my@privacy.net> wrote:

    >> I ran porsche unleashed for the first time since i put my nvidia mx440
    >> (128mb) in and it runs so slow, its unplayable. is there a compatability
    >> issue with this brand or model of video card? is there a fix for the slow
    >> game speed?
    >
    >Other than throwing money at it, you can tune the graphics all the way down.
    >
    >The computer world is ever moving... it won't slow down for anyone. Gamers
    >like you and I are expected to upgrade video cards regularly to keep up with
    >the standard.

    Except that Porsche Unleashed is an older game that runs very well even on a
    GeForce2 MX with 32MB of RAM, so it's odd that a newer card is giving him
    trouble.

    --
    __________ ____---____ Marco Antonio Checa Funcke
    \_________D /-/---_----' Santiago de Surco, Lima, Peru

    remove the "no_me_j." and ".sons.of" parts before replying
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    >I ran porsche unleashed for the first time since i put my nvidia mx440
    > (128mb) in and it runs so slow, its unplayable.

    Wasn't I playing this game on a voodoo3 with decent framerates? I
    forget now, but a mx440 should run it just fine. Try asking on
    www.totalnfs.net forums.

    rms
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    steve skrev:

    > I ran porsche unleashed for the first time since i put my nvidia mx440
    > (128mb) in and it runs so slow, its unplayable. is there a compatability
    > issue with this brand or model of video card? is there a fix for the slow
    > game speed?

    You're not running XP for any reason. I found that under XP you need
    to use "Win98 compability mode" and then the games is slow as &%#/%

    Tried the nfs5_enhanced_20040310 fix, and then the speed is OK, but
    (as mentioned in another message) I got keyboard/mouse lockups :-(

    Is there an official XP patch for NFS5 (does the 3.5 have XP support)

    --
    Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
    Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

    I'm running NFS:PU on XP Home with no problems at all- AMD 2800+, 1GB PC3200
    RAM, GeForce4 FX 5200 (128MB) w/ Nvidia driver v. 61.77, 120GB HDD. I had
    some problems with the earlier Nvidia drivers (jerkiness and poor graphics
    mainly), but since updating to the later ones, no problems. I am not running
    it in compatibility mode, either.
    Make sure you run 3-D setup after installing any new drivers.
    SC Tom

    "Lars-Erik Østerud" <.@.> wrote in message
    > steve skrev:
    >
    >> I ran porsche unleashed for the first time since i put my nvidia mx440
    >> (128mb) in and it runs so slow, its unplayable. is there a compatability
    >> issue with this brand or model of video card? is there a fix for the
    >> slow
    >> game speed?
    >
    > You're not running XP for any reason. I found that under XP you need
    > to use "Win98 compability mode" and then the games is slow as &%#/%
    >
    > Tried the nfs5_enhanced_20040310 fix, and then the speed is OK, but
    > (as mentioned in another message) I got keyboard/mouse lockups :-(
    >
    > Is there an official XP patch for NFS5 (does the 3.5 have XP support)
    >
    > --
    > Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
    > Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    >I ran porsche unleashed for the first time since i put my nvidia mx440
    > (128mb) in and it runs so slow, its unplayable. is there a compatability
    > issue with this brand or model of video card? is there a fix for the slow
    > game speed?

    Shouldn't be a compatability issue. But the game probably defaults to software
    render when you swap video cards. Run the external 3Dsetup program again and
    select hardware render.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    Jeff Reid skrev:

    > Shouldn't be a compatability issue. But the game probably defaults to software
    > render when you swap video cards. Run the external 3Dsetup program again and

    Also it's really slow on XP in "win98 compability mode" :-(
    Theres is a fix somewhere on the net to make it work with XP.

    One easy way to make it work with XP without compability mode
    is to delete (or rename) the "gimme.dll" file. But then you
    will loose the network play ability (so better get the fix)

    --
    Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
    Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    >> Shouldn't be a compatability issue. But the game probably defaults to software
    >> render when you swap video cards. Run the external 3Dsetup program again and
    >
    > Also it's really slow on XP in "win98 compability mode" :-(

    It should just work with comptability mode turned off.
    I run it this way with XP.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    Jeff Reid skrev:

    > It should just work with comptability mode turned off.
    > I run it this way with XP.

    Didn't get that to work on WinXP at work, did work with the latest
    unofficial patch, but then I have trouble with mouse/keyboard hang

    However, the problem is the "gimme.dll" file, so if you don't use
    online multiplayer the easiest solution is to disable this DLL

    --
    Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
    Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

Graphics Cards Games Nvidia Video Games