EXTREMELY slow porsche unleashed

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 23, 2004 11:02:28 PM

I ran porsche unleashed for the first time since i put my nvidia mx440
(128mb) in and it runs so slow, its unplayable. is there a compatability
issue with this brand or model of video card? is there a fix for the slow
game speed?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 24, 2004 1:19:30 PM

> I ran porsche unleashed for the first time since i put my nvidia mx440
> (128mb) in and it runs so slow, its unplayable. is there a compatability
> issue with this brand or model of video card? is there a fix for the slow
> game speed?

Other than throwing money at it, you can tune the graphics all the way down.

The computer world is ever moving... it won't slow down for anyone. Gamers
like you and I are expected to upgrade video cards regularly to keep up with
the standard.

Sad? Maybe. But I'd hate to buy a game but never discover its full
potential.

I'm currently using GeForceTi4400, Pentium4 2.8GHz CPU, 1Gb RAM in my game
computer, and I plan to build a new computer in the next year to keep up
with the games.
September 25, 2004 2:30:20 PM

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:19:30 +0800, "KC Wong" <my@privacy.net> wrote:

>> I ran porsche unleashed for the first time since i put my nvidia mx440
>> (128mb) in and it runs so slow, its unplayable. is there a compatability
>> issue with this brand or model of video card? is there a fix for the slow
>> game speed?
>
>Other than throwing money at it, you can tune the graphics all the way down.
>
>The computer world is ever moving... it won't slow down for anyone. Gamers
>like you and I are expected to upgrade video cards regularly to keep up with
>the standard.

Except that Porsche Unleashed is an older game that runs very well even on a
GeForce2 MX with 32MB of RAM, so it's odd that a newer card is giving him
trouble.

--
__________ ____---____ Marco Antonio Checa Funcke
\_________D /-/---_----' Santiago de Surco, Lima, Peru

remove the "no_me_j." and ".sons.of" parts before replying
Related resources
September 25, 2004 5:50:07 PM

>I ran porsche unleashed for the first time since i put my nvidia mx440
> (128mb) in and it runs so slow, its unplayable.

Wasn't I playing this game on a voodoo3 with decent framerates? I
forget now, but a mx440 should run it just fine. Try asking on
www.totalnfs.net forums.

rms
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2004 7:41:28 PM

steve skrev:

> I ran porsche unleashed for the first time since i put my nvidia mx440
> (128mb) in and it runs so slow, its unplayable. is there a compatability
> issue with this brand or model of video card? is there a fix for the slow
> game speed?

You're not running XP for any reason. I found that under XP you need
to use "Win98 compability mode" and then the games is slow as &%#/%

Tried the nfs5_enhanced_20040310 fix, and then the speed is OK, but
(as mentioned in another message) I got keyboard/mouse lockups :-(

Is there an official XP patch for NFS5 (does the 3.5 have XP support)

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

I'm running NFS:p U on XP Home with no problems at all- AMD 2800+, 1GB PC3200
RAM, GeForce4 FX 5200 (128MB) w/ Nvidia driver v. 61.77, 120GB HDD. I had
some problems with the earlier Nvidia drivers (jerkiness and poor graphics
mainly), but since updating to the later ones, no problems. I am not running
it in compatibility mode, either.
Make sure you run 3-D setup after installing any new drivers.
SC Tom

"Lars-Erik Østerud" <.@.> wrote in message
> steve skrev:
>
>> I ran porsche unleashed for the first time since i put my nvidia mx440
>> (128mb) in and it runs so slow, its unplayable. is there a compatability
>> issue with this brand or model of video card? is there a fix for the
>> slow
>> game speed?
>
> You're not running XP for any reason. I found that under XP you need
> to use "Win98 compability mode" and then the games is slow as &%#/%
>
> Tried the nfs5_enhanced_20040310 fix, and then the speed is OK, but
> (as mentioned in another message) I got keyboard/mouse lockups :-(
>
> Is there an official XP patch for NFS5 (does the 3.5 have XP support)
>
> --
> Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
> Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 8, 2004 4:59:33 AM

>I ran porsche unleashed for the first time since i put my nvidia mx440
> (128mb) in and it runs so slow, its unplayable. is there a compatability
> issue with this brand or model of video card? is there a fix for the slow
> game speed?

Shouldn't be a compatability issue. But the game probably defaults to software
render when you swap video cards. Run the external 3Dsetup program again and
select hardware render.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 8, 2004 2:08:07 PM

Jeff Reid skrev:

> Shouldn't be a compatability issue. But the game probably defaults to software
> render when you swap video cards. Run the external 3Dsetup program again and

Also it's really slow on XP in "win98 compability mode" :-(
Theres is a fix somewhere on the net to make it work with XP.

One easy way to make it work with XP without compability mode
is to delete (or rename) the "gimme.dll" file. But then you
will loose the network play ability (so better get the fix)

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 8, 2004 2:08:08 PM

>> Shouldn't be a compatability issue. But the game probably defaults to software
>> render when you swap video cards. Run the external 3Dsetup program again and
>
> Also it's really slow on XP in "win98 compability mode" :-(

It should just work with comptability mode turned off.
I run it this way with XP.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 9, 2004 1:42:00 AM

Jeff Reid skrev:

> It should just work with comptability mode turned off.
> I run it this way with XP.

Didn't get that to work on WinXP at work, did work with the latest
unofficial patch, but then I have trouble with mouse/keyboard hang

However, the problem is the "gimme.dll" file, so if you don't use
online multiplayer the easiest solution is to disable this DLL

--
!