Clogged or dead?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b ) Power supply
September 17, 2005 5:37:50 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

How do you determine whether an Epson head
is dead or clogged?

If nothing prints after a cartridge change, in
spite of repeat cleaning cycles, and all the
other suggestions, it could be head clogged,
head dead, power supply/electronics problem.
Any way to determine which?
No point of trying any further if it's one of
the last two.

More about : clogged dead

Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 17, 2005 5:37:51 PM

ato_zee@hotmail.com wrote:

> How do you determine whether an Epson head
> is dead or clogged?
>
> If nothing prints after a cartridge change, in
> spite of repeat cleaning cycles, and all the
> other suggestions, it could be head clogged,
> head dead, power supply/electronics problem.
> Any way to determine which?
> No point of trying any further if it's one of
> the last two.

I once had a bad ink cartridge, called Epson & they walked me thru
cleaning then said to return it, the new cartridge worked. Office Depot
or similar replaced it without hassle.

--
Paul Furman
http://www.edgehill.net/1

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

You pulled the tape off the cartridge?

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net
"Paul Furman" <paul-@-edgehill.net> wrote in message
> ato_zee@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> How do you determine whether an Epson head
>> is dead or clogged?
>>
>> If nothing prints after a cartridge change, in
>> spite of repeat cleaning cycles, and all the
>> other suggestions, it could be head clogged,
>> head dead, power supply/electronics problem.
>> Any way to determine which?
>> No point of trying any further if it's one of
>> the last two.
>
> I once had a bad ink cartridge, called Epson & they walked me thru
> cleaning then said to return it, the new cartridge worked. Office Depot or
> similar replaced it without hassle.
>
> --
> Paul Furman
> http://www.edgehill.net/1
> Bay Natives
> http://www.baynatives.com
a b ) Power supply
September 17, 2005 9:20:05 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

IT DOES NOT REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE. JUST GET A NEW PRINTER.
CURRENTLY THE R300 AND R200 EPSON PRINTERS CAN BE PURCHASED ON SALES
LESS REBATE AT FRYS FOR LESS THAN THE COST OF THE INK.

ato_zee@hotmail.com wrote:

>How do you determine whether an Epson head
>is dead or clogged?
>
>If nothing prints after a cartridge change, in
>spite of repeat cleaning cycles, and all the
>other suggestions, it could be head clogged,
>head dead, power supply/electronics problem.
>Any way to determine which?
>No point of trying any further if it's one of
>the last two.

Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 18, 2005 12:17:57 AM

On 17-Sep-2005, "Jan Alter" <bearpuf@verizon.net> wrote:

> You pulled the tape off the cartridge?

Yes, removed the tapes, it's an inkjet.

Shortly cartridge change after nothing printed, bought
same model s/h 8 UKPDS about (12USD), it works fine.

So I have a dead printer and a working one, the dead one
might be useful for spares, so has it got a dead head or
is it the PSU/electronics.

Many of us probably have the same query, is my head
kaput, if so head cleaning, soaking overnight, and all
the rest, won't revive the dead.
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 18, 2005 9:28:26 PM

<ato_zee@hotmail.com> wrote:

> How do you determine whether an Epson head
> is dead or clogged?

I have the same problem with a Epson 3000 .The fanny thing is both heads
(black and color) do not work. Not the slicest dot on the paper.

I wonder if anybody can answer this question.. I have tried everything
to "declogg" the heads.

V.Greulich
September 18, 2005 9:34:10 PM

[
Quote:
quote="Volker Greulich"]<ato_zee@hotmail.com>
wrote:

I wonder if anybody can answer this question.. I have tried
everything
to "declogg" the heads.

V.Greulich
[/quote]

Try giving Art (Arthur Entlich) a e-mail requesting his cleaning
instructions for the 3000 model which he will send freely.

e-printerhelp@mvps.org

Davy
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 18, 2005 10:35:49 PM

Volker Greulich wrote:

><ato_zee@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>How do you determine whether an Epson head
>>is dead or clogged?

IF IT WILL NOT GIVE YOU A BLOW JOB IT IS DEAD.

>I have the same problem with a Epson 3000 .The fanny thing is both heads
>(black and color) do not work. Not the slicest dot on the paper.
>
>I wonder if anybody can answer this question.. I have tried everything
>to "declogg" the heads.
>
>V.Greulich

Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 19, 2005 3:10:10 AM

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:28:26 +0200, v.greulich@free.fr (Volker Greulich) wrote:

><ato_zee@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How do you determine whether an Epson head
>> is dead or clogged?
>
>I have the same problem with a Epson 3000 .The fanny thing is both heads
>(black and color) do not work. Not the slicest dot on the paper.
>
>I wonder if anybody can answer this question.. I have tried everything
>to "declogg" the heads.

You haven't tried everything or it would work.
Put some head cleaning solution on the pad. You can even inject some of it in
the pump's tube. If you do, do a cleaning routine, inject more in the tube,
cleaning routine again, and inject a good load again.
Make sure that the cartridges rest on the pad.
Leave overnight.
It'll be OK next morning.

--

E.S.
Anonymous

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

The scenario you mention is almost never a dead head. It isn't the way
Epson heads tend to fail, and the rest of the electronics rarely do either.

A more common indicator of a bad head is a stuck on nozzle (one that
prints all the time into the margins)

There rae a number o potential causes of a non-printing head. For a
manual that discusses them and the usual solutions, email at:

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)com

(at) = @ (dot) = .

Art

ato_zee@hotmail.com wrote:

> How do you determine whether an Epson head
> is dead or clogged?
>
> If nothing prints after a cartridge change, in
> spite of repeat cleaning cycles, and all the
> other suggestions, it could be head clogged,
> head dead, power supply/electronics problem.
> Any way to determine which?
> No point of trying any further if it's one of
> the last two.
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 19, 2005 4:44:42 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Of the thousands of people contacting me with the symptoms you mention,
I can count the number of people who were unable to revive the head to
print at least something (occasionally there rae a few very stubborn
nozzles requiring many cleans to get them unclogged) to maybe fit on
both hands.

That doesn't include people who have forced liquids through the printer
or drown the heads in some manner.

Art

ato_zee@hotmail.com wrote:

> On 17-Sep-2005, "Jan Alter" <bearpuf@verizon.net> wrote:
>

>>You pulled the tape off the cartridge?
>

> Yes, removed the tapes, it's an inkjet.
>
> Shortly cartridge change after nothing printed, bought
> same model s/h 8 UKPDS about (12USD), it works fine.
>
> So I have a dead printer and a working one, the dead one
> might be useful for spares, so has it got a dead head or
> is it the PSU/electronics.
>
> Many of us probably have the same query, is my head
> kaput, if so head cleaning, soaking overnight, and all
> the rest, won't revive the dead.
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 19, 2005 5:05:49 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

What is "everything"?

Art

Volker Greulich wrote:

> <ato_zee@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>How do you determine whether an Epson head
>>is dead or clogged?
>

> I have the same problem with a Epson 3000 .The fanny thing is both heads
> (black and color) do not work. Not the slicest dot on the paper.
>
> I wonder if anybody can answer this question.. I have tried everything
> to "declogg" the heads.
>
> V.Greulich
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 19, 2005 10:11:21 PM

Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote:

> What is "everything"?

I have changed the 4 dampers.
I have used 1 set of cleaning cartridges using every time the
initializing procedere (about 15 Minutes of pumping etc.. I have with
the help of a small tube,which I attached to the head inlets, injected a
small amount (2 ml)10% ammonium -water mix.
I have reinitialized the Eprom.
I had a look to the waste pads.
And I have performed a lot of cleaning cycles, from the machine and the
software.

Hello Arthur, i have read a lot of articles from your hand in Yahoo
groups :wide format Epson printer and even Dave (Davy
<davecoe@blueyonder.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid) here on the group
recommanded your expertise on the Epson 3000. If you have made up a kind
of recommandation how to clean (unclogg) such an engin your help would
be very much appreciated.

regards and thanks
Volker Greulich
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 20, 2005 11:41:42 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

As you likely have noted I am working with you via private email since
it allows for me to look at jpegs of print samples and the like.

Art

!