ASUS P5B Problems, Need help!

Illy

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Hey all.

Ive been setting up my computer with these new parts.

Intel core 2 duo e6400
Hiper type r 580
Asus p5b
1 gig of ram

and now to what i think is the problem part, a sapphire x1900gt.

The problem is, i dont see anything on my screen when the computer boots up. The moderboard makes a Long beep followed by THREE short ones. followed by 2 more 5 seconds later each with like 5 seconds between them. Like this - 1 Long, 3 short, 5 seconds between another beep then about 5 seconds more another one.

The thing is, i tried my old card, Radeon x800gto. and the computer boots up no sound and the monitor works. Ive tried the new card with one stick and two memory sticks no change..also the motherboard outside the case.. no change.

So.. if the x800gto works does that mean that the x1900gt is broken?

or maybe i havent connected the cables right..but i doubt it..im using the cable i got with hiper for both the cards and only x800 gto works.

If u think i have connected anything wrong please tell me, if i need to use any other cable for the x1900gt.

I installed the drivers for x1900gt using my x800 gto to boot up the computer, its completely reformated with new xp and no parts are clocked.

i wanna know if my card is broken or if its something else, please it seems like ive tried everything.

I REALLY WOULD LIKE SOME HELP, THANKS.

BigTwin

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
This board (and I have it) is really picky about ram. I think some of the updated BIOS version helped a little.

kwalker

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
the beep code is video
continuous beeping is memory or video.

do you have the video card aux power connected?
latest bios??

Illy

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
I installed lastest BIOS no difference, And the AUX power is connected.

Is there anything else I can do? My x800gto worked like a charm with the same settings, no bios beeps or anything. Maybe the graphic board doesn't get enough electricity?