Way back in DOS days, it was possible to setup an area of memory that would
be assigned a drive letter and act as a disk drive (only RAM fast). I want
to do this in windows to give me a lightning fast 'drive' that I can use for
temporary files, when building code to improve my 10 minutes of hard disk
intensive build time!

Is it possible to setup a ramdrive in Windows XP? I have 2GB of RAM and
would like to use about 512MB for a ramdrive which I can assign a drive
letter to - help!???

I typed "create ram drive xp" into google. This was the first hit
http://lists.gpick.com/pages/RAM_Disks.htm

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

>I typed "create ram drive xp" into google. This was the first hit
>http://lists.gpick.com/pages/RAM_Disks.htm

Thanks for that, perfect link. Will install this afternoon. For once, I
didn't even think of a web search!! We all have off-days!