Dual Channel Ram on Ga-k8n-pro -sli

bibanu

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
I use 2 stiks of 512mb Kingmax CL2.5. I used to have an Abit kv8pro and a amd64 3000+skt 754 and bios options were great. Now the pc burned :( and I forced an upgrade. I kept the psu,ram, hdd, dvdrw, cdrw, the rest however down the drain. Whith the previous cpu no dual channel but now I have a 3800+skt939 and this mobo
How can I tell if the ram I use is working in dual channel mode on this mobo, because the bios options are rather poor. I have installed the stiks in both the orange and blue slots and Gigabyte states in the mobo's manual that in order to achieve dual channel if you use 2 memory stiks is better to put them in the slots 1 and 2.
Well I put them in those slots but when the pc starts it does not show a message confirming dual channel mode. Again I have to mention that the settings in the bios are poor.
Wath do you people think?
It works on dual channel or not. Do I have to update the bios ? the current version is F2? Are there any utilities I could use to check if the ram is working in dual channel? 8O

I use 2 stiks of 512mb Kingmax CL2.5. I used to have an Abit kv8pro and a amd64 3000+skt 754 and bios options were great. Now the pc burned :( and I forced an upgrade. I kept the psu,ram, hdd, dvdrw, cdrw, the rest however down the drain. Whith the previous cpu no dual channel but now I have a 3800+skt939 and this mobo
How can I tell if the ram I use is working in dual channel mode on this mobo, because the bios options are rather poor. I have installed the stiks in both the orange and blue slots and Gigabyte states in the mobo's manual that in order to achieve dual channel if you use 2 memory stiks is better to put them in the slots 1 and 2.
Well I put them in those slots but when the pc starts it does not show a message confirming dual channel mode. Again I have to mention that the settings in the bios are poor.
Wath do you people think?
It works on dual channel or not. Do I have to update the bios ? the current version is F2? Are there any utilities I could use to check if the ram is working in dual channel? 8O

Download and install CPU-Z. Run and click on the memory tab to check dual channel.

http://www.cpuid.com/

bibanu

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
I installed cpuz an on the upper right corner in the memory tab it sais

"Channels": Dual
I guess it works in dual chanel, right?

Thanks