Cheers all!

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Thanks for the tips everyone... elderly Epson C60 to be replaced by a
brand spanky Canon IP3000 Colour Bubble Jet. Spent a bit more than I had
hoped (£66.23) but it seems to be the mutts nuts after my old heap. Seeing
as the Epson was rescued from a skip it didn't do bad but I'm looking
forward to the new one :o)

Les


--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply.

"...The people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being
attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and
exposing the country to greater danger "

-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
16 answers Last reply
More about cheers
  1. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    A FEW DOLLARS MORE WOULD GET YOU THE SUPERIOR IP4000

    Les Hemmings wrote:

    >Thanks for the tips everyone... elderly Epson C60 to be replaced by a
    >brand spanky Canon IP3000 Colour Bubble Jet. Spent a bit more than I had
    >hoped (£66.23) but it seems to be the mutts nuts after my old heap. Seeing
    >as the Epson was rescued from a skip it didn't do bad but I'm looking
    >forward to the new one :o)
    >
    >Les
    >
    >
    >
    >
  2. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    news:dyhXe.64$G64.20@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...
    >A FEW DOLLARS MORE WOULD GET YOU THE SUPERIOR IP4000
    >

    You can say that about any computer periph/component you look at. It's a
    case of limiting outlay for adequate performance. It will do the job and it
    didn't cost too much. Plus reviews are good, ink tanks are in seperate
    colours with generic inks at £2 a piece and it will cope with the limited
    amount of text and photos we print.
    I could have easily spent twice the amount after a little "If I spend
    another £20 I could get the WidgetPrint XP70000" or whatever... you have to
    leap into the market somewhere....

    Les

    --
    Remove Frontal Lobes to reply.

    "...The people can always be brought to the bidding of the
    leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being
    attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and
    exposing the country to greater danger "

    -- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
    temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

    - Benjamin Franklin, 1759
  3. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Les Hemmings wrote:
    > "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    > news:dyhXe.64$G64.20@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...
    >
    >>A FEW DOLLARS MORE WOULD GET YOU THE SUPERIOR IP4000
    >>
    >
    >
    > You can say that about any computer periph/component you look at. It's a
    > case of limiting outlay for adequate performance. It will do the job and it
    > didn't cost too much. Plus reviews are good, ink tanks are in seperate
    > colours with generic inks at £2 a piece and it will cope with the limited
    > amount of text and photos we print.
    > I could have easily spent twice the amount after a little "If I spend
    > another £20 I could get the WidgetPrint XP70000" or whatever... you have to
    > leap into the market somewhere....

    This is comming from an ip3000 owner. It mixes the three colors to form
    black on photo paper. It also seems to mix the three colors to form
    black if you have a document... a text document with just one spot of
    color somewhere... an issue I don't know how to resolve. The dye black
    would likely resolve this issue. So worst case it might require more
    ink than a slightly more spendy model... worst case.

    But so long as you accept this limitation... more power to you. I'm
    pretty pleased with my ip3000. Does the job, does it well, and it was
    so cheap it was only about $25 more than the ink it came with. It was
    just an experiment to see how decent the current generation canons, and
    I do have another one with the 5 tanks if this one kicks the bucket.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Les Hemmings wrote:

    >"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >news:dyhXe.64$G64.20@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...
    >
    >
    >>A FEW DOLLARS MORE WOULD GET YOU THE SUPERIOR IP4000
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
    > You can say that about any computer periph/component you look at. It's a
    >case of limiting outlay for adequate performance.
    >

    YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE PRICE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BIG MAC AND AN IN
    AND OUT BURGER. YOU PEOPLE JUST AMAZE ME WITH THIS COST BULLSHIT. BOY
    I AM GLAS THAT OLD WINSTON DID NOT THINK LIKE THAT WHEN HE WAS DIRECTING
    THE BATTLE OF BRITON WITH THE ADVANCED SPITFIRE.

    >It will do the job and it
    >didn't cost too much. Plus reviews are good, ink tanks are in seperate
    >colours with generic inks at £2 a piece and it will cope with the limited
    >amount of text and photos we print.
    > I could have easily spent twice the amount after a little "If I spend
    >another £20 I could get the WidgetPrint XP70000" or whatever... you have to
    >leap into the market somewhere....
    >
    >Les
    >
    >
    >
  5. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    measekite wrote:
    >
    >
    > you are talking about the price difference between a big mac and an in
    > and out burger. you people just amaze me with this cost
    > bull<shavick>. boy i am glas that old winston did not think of that
    > when he was directing the battle of briton with the advanced spitfire
    <edit mine>

    The price difference the last time I looked at expansys in may was

    ip3000 £78.26
    ip4000 £90.17

    Price difference of £11.91 or USD$21.47 This was in may.

    -amazon.co.uk
    ip3000 £64.99
    ip4000 £109.69

    Price difference of £44.70 or USD$80.59.

    I don't know how many burgers you eat in a single sitting but there is
    no way I could save $21.47 or even $80.59 eating at in and out rather
    than buying big macs. Come to think about it... I have no idea how much
    in and out is... let alone a big mac. I suspect for the price of a big
    mac I could get indian take out.

    A rule of thumb... respect that fact that other people in this group are
    living in different markets where the prices are different. Actually
    look at the prices before making blanket statements. Or take the time
    to look at the canon us site, the ip3000 is listed at $100 where the
    ip4000 is listed at $150, not can you can by either one at their e-store.

    For future, why not point out a reason why someone MIGHT spend 33% more
    for a printer rather than assuming they are making a foolish choice.
    Why not measure the useage of your bci-6 black ink, times that by a
    factor of 3 and establish how much more one would be paying on ink for
    the ip3000 than the ip4000.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Matt Zukowski wrote:
    > measekite wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>
    > > you are talking about the price difference between a big mac and an in
    > > and out burger. you people just amaze me with this cost
    > > bull<shavick>. boy i am glas that old winston did not think of that
    > > when he was directing the battle of briton with the advanced spitfire
    > <edit mine>
    >
    > The price difference the last time I looked at expansys in may was
    >
    > ip3000 £78.26
    > ip4000 £90.17
    >
    > Price difference of £11.91 or USD$21.47 This was in may.
    >
    > -amazon.co.uk
    > ip3000 £64.99
    > ip4000 £109.69
    >
    > Price difference of £44.70 or USD$80.59.
    >
    > I don't know how many burgers you eat in a single sitting but there is
    > no way I could save $21.47 or even $80.59 eating at in and out rather
    > than buying big macs. Come to think about it... I have no idea how much
    > in and out is... let alone a big mac. I suspect for the price of a big
    > mac I could get indian take out.
    >
    > A rule of thumb... respect that fact that other people in this group are
    > living in different markets where the prices are different. Actually
    > look at the prices before making blanket statements. Or take the time
    > to look at the canon us site, the ip3000 is listed at $100 where the
    > ip4000 is listed at $150, not can you can by either one at their e-store.
    >
    > For future, why not point out a reason why someone MIGHT spend 33% more
    > for a printer rather than assuming they are making a foolish choice. Why
    > not measure the useage of your bci-6 black ink, times that by a factor
    > of 3 and establish how much more one would be paying on ink for the
    > ip3000 than the ip4000.
    >
    Respect...from measershit! Probably not in our life time. He's too far
    gone over the edge. Too old, probably too fat and really too stupid. In
    life we try to become a wise old man, not an old fool like him.
    Frank
  7. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Matt Zukowski wrote:

    > Les Hemmings wrote:
    >
    >> "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >> news:dyhXe.64$G64.20@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...
    >>
    >>> A FEW DOLLARS MORE WOULD GET YOU THE SUPERIOR IP4000
    >>>
    >>
    >>
    >> You can say that about any computer periph/component you look at.
    >> It's a case of limiting outlay for adequate performance. It will do
    >> the job and it didn't cost too much. Plus reviews are good, ink tanks
    >> are in seperate colours with generic inks at £2 a piece and it will
    >> cope with the limited amount of text and photos we print.
    >> I could have easily spent twice the amount after a little "If I
    >> spend another £20 I could get the WidgetPrint XP70000" or
    >> whatever... you have to leap into the market somewhere....
    >
    >
    > This is comming from an ip3000 owner. It mixes the three colors to
    > form black on photo paper. It also seems to mix the three colors to
    > form black if you have a document... a text document with just one
    > spot of color somewhere..

    WRONG. CANON SPECIFICALLY SAYS THAT IF YOU CHOOSE PLAIN PAPER IN THE
    DRIVER YOU WILL USE THE PIGMENTED BLACK INK. THE COLORS COME FROM THE
    CYM TANKS.

    > . an issue I don't know how to resolve. The dye black would likely
    > resolve this issue. So worst case it might require more ink than a
    > slightly more spendy model... worst case.
    >
    > But so long as you accept this limitation... more power to you. I'm
    > pretty pleased with my ip3000. Does the job, does it well, and it was
    > so cheap it was only about $25 more than the ink it came with.


    I BOUGHT AN IP3000. THE NEXT DAY I EXCHANGED IT FOR AN IP4000. THERE
    IS A DIFFERENCE THAT IS MORE THAN WORTH THE MONEY. YOU ARE JERKING YOUR
    SELF OFF TRYING TO JUSTIFY YOUR STUPIDITY. THE PHOTOS FROM THE IP4000
    ARE SUPERIOR BECAUSE OF THE DYE BLACK.

    > It was just an experiment to see how decent the current generation
    > canons, and I do have another one with the 5 tanks if this one kicks
    > the bucket.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > wrong. canon specifically says that if you choose plain paper in the
    > driver you will use the pigmented black ink. the colors come from
    > the cym tanks

    Two points.
    1. You don't own the ip3000
    2. I do and can contrast them vs the mp760 which is close enough to the
    ip4000

    I'm telling you I observed this behavior. I agree it "shouldn't" do
    that, but never the less IT DOES. Why not take the time to try it your
    self on your ip4000.

    > i bought an ip3000. the next day i exchanged it for an ip4000.
    there > is a difference that is more than worth the money. you are
    > <a vigorous masturbator>
    > trying to justify your stupidity. the photos from the
    > ip4000 are superior because of the dye black.
    <edit mine>

    Yes, because I disagree with you... i must be a stupid vigorous
    masturbator. You are always right and never can be wrong. I mean i'm
    not the one who said the price difference between the two printers is
    the same as two hamburgers from two different fast food joints. The
    price difference is a little bit more than that, for this users market
    the difference could be the equlivent to $40 to $80.

    Look I own both the ip3000 and mp760. You owned a ip3000 for a day.
    That doesn't count as experience. If what you say is true then it's
    only benefit on photos is the fact that blacks might look better, esp
    ones that have 80% to 100% black in them. What's funny is I agree there
    is a benefit... but not really worth the price tag.

    Black comes from two places on the ip3000, either from the pigment tank
    or from mixing CMY. When printing black text mixed with color, i've
    observed mine going to CMY to do it. Why would I notice this? Because
    I was running low on magenta and thought I had enough to finish the
    document, which I would have except it wasn't using the big bci-3e tank
    for black, what you'd expect for text.

    Rather than going offtopic and harassing me, why don't you actually
    INVESTIGATE the issue for your self. Actually prove me wrong on
    something through taking the time to observe it for your self.
  9. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Frank wrote:

    > Matt Zukowski wrote:
    >
    >> measekite wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>>
    >> > you are talking about the price difference between a big mac and
    >> an in
    >> > and out burger. you people just amaze me with this cost
    >> > bull<shavick>. boy i am glas that old winston did not think of that
    >> > when he was directing the battle of briton with the advanced spitfire
    >> <edit mine>
    >>
    >> The price difference the last time I looked at expansys in may was
    >>
    >> ip3000 £78.26
    >> ip4000 £90.17
    >>
    >> Price difference of £11.91 or USD$21.47 This was in may.
    >>
    >> -amazon.co.uk
    >> ip3000 £64.99
    >> ip4000 £109.69
    >>
    >> Price difference of £44.70 or USD$80.59.
    >>
    >> I don't know how many burgers you eat in a single sitting but there
    >> is no way I could save $21.47 or even $80.59 eating at in and out
    >> rather than buying big macs. Come to think about it... I have no
    >> idea how much in and out is... let alone a big mac. I suspect for
    >> the price of a big mac I could get indian take out.
    >>
    >> A rule of thumb... respect that fact that other people in this group
    >> are living in different markets where the prices are different.
    >> Actually look at the prices before making blanket statements. Or
    >> take the time to look at the canon us site, the ip3000 is listed at
    >> $100 where the ip4000 is listed at $150, not can you can by either
    >> one at their e-store.
    >>
    >> For future, why not point out a reason why someone MIGHT spend 33%
    >> more for a printer rather than assuming they are making a foolish
    >> choice. Why not measure the useage of your bci-6 black ink, times
    >> that by a factor of 3 and establish how much more one would be paying
    >> on ink for the ip3000 than the ip4000.
    >>
    > Respect...from me! Probably not in our life time. I am too far gone
    > over the edge. Too old, probably too fat and really too stupid. In
    > life we try to become a wise old man, not an old fool like him.
    > Frank

    A REAL DEUCH
  10. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    "Matt Zukowski" <zakezuke_us@moc.oohay.invalid> wrote in message
    news:dgoev1$mha$1@domitilla.aioe.org...
    > > you must be a brit
    >
    > No sir... however unlike your self I UNDERSTAND the fact that different
    > markets have different prices. Plus I was interested in CD printing and
    > just so happened to have listed the prices for the printers in £ in may.

    Hey matt its called a kill file. In outlook express it is block sender.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <NNGXe.740$OC2.486@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
    inkystinky@oem.com (measekite the historically challenged) wrote:

    > THE BATTLE OF BRITON

    There was more than one Briton involved. There were quite a few Canadian,
    American. French, Polish, Indian, etc. pilots there, too.

    Jon.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Matt Zukowski wrote:

    > > wrong. canon specifically says that if you choose plain paper in the
    > > driver you will use the pigmented black ink. the colors come from
    > > the cym tanks
    >
    > Two points.
    > 1. You don't own the ip3000
    > 2. I do and can contrast them vs the mp760 which is close enough to
    > the ip4000
    >
    > I'm telling you I observed this behavior. I agree it "shouldn't" do
    > that, but never the less IT DOES. Why not take the time to try it
    > your self on your ip4000.
    >
    > > i bought an ip3000. the next day i exchanged it for an ip4000.
    > there > is a difference that is more than worth the money. you are
    > > <a vigorous masturbator>
    > > trying to justify your stupidity. the photos from the
    > > ip4000 are superior because of the dye black.
    > <edit mine>
    >
    > Yes, because I disagree with you... i must be a stupid vigorous
    > masturbator.


    DO YOU REALLY LIKE JERKING OFF. WHICH HAND TO YOU USE.

    > You are always right and never can be wrong. I mean i'm not the one
    > who said the price difference between the two printers is the same as
    > two hamburgers from two different fast food joints. The price
    > difference is a little bit more than that, for this users market the
    > difference could be the equlivent to $40 to $80.

    CURRENTLY $20.00

    WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT IT COST ME $40 TO EXCHANGE THE IP3000 FOR THE
    IP4000. IN THE LONG SCHEME OF THINGS THIS IS CHUMP CHANGE. $15.00 OF
    THAT WAS FOR THE PIGMENT INK SO THE ACTUAL DIFFERENCE WAS $25.00

    TODAY AFTER TAKING OUT THE INK COST THE DIFFERENCE IS $5.00 JUST A FEW
    CENTS MORE THANT A DOUBLE DOUBLE WITH FRIES.

    >
    > Look I own both the ip3000 and mp760. You owned a ip3000 for a day.
    > That doesn't count as experience. If what you say is true then it's
    > only benefit on photos is the fact that blacks might look better, esp
    > ones that have 80% to 100% black in them. What's funny is I agree
    > there is a benefit... but not really worth the price tag.
    >
    > Black comes from two places on the ip3000, either from the pigment
    > tank or from mixing CMY. When printing black text mixed with color,
    > i've observed mine going to CMY to do it. Why would I notice this?
    > Because I was running low on magenta and thought I had enough to
    > finish the document, which I would have except it wasn't using the big
    > bci-3e tank for black, what you'd expect for text.


    GO TELL IT TO CANON. SEE IF THEY BELIEVE YOU.

    >
    > Rather than going offtopic and harassing me, why don't you actually
    > INVESTIGATE the issue for your self. Actually prove me wrong on
    > something through taking the time to observe it for your self.
    >
    >
  13. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    >> You are always right and never can be wrong. I mean i'm not the one
    >> who said the price difference between the two printers is the same as
    >> two hamburgers from two different fast food joints. The price
    >> difference is a little bit more than that, for this users market the
    >> difference could be the equlivent to $40 to $80.
    >
    >
    > currently $20.00

    So sir, on this issue you are incorrect. There are several reasons why
    this assumption is invalid.

    1. $20 rebate is good for the ip3000 and ip4000 as well as others in
    the pixma line.
    2. You assume you can get the ip4000 at frys for $100. You might but
    most of the states in the union can not, and even among those who have
    frys not all have the ip4000 in stock.
    3. We are talking about the UK, which is a different market. The
    rebate doesn't exist and the prices are different.

    > When they first came out it cost me $40 to exchange the ip3000 for
    the > ip4000. in the long scheme of things this is chump change. $15 of
    > that was for the pigment ink so the actual difference was $25.00

    Your logic is faulty. They both have the bci-3e pigment black, assuming
    this is what you are talking about. You "could" say the ip4000 comes
    with an extra black worth $12.00 but that's splitting hairs.

    I can believe a $40 difference between the two printers, the MSRP is
    $100 and $150 so it's reasonable to believe $40. But this is the US
    market not the UK market.

    > today after taking out the ink cost the difference is $5.00 just a few
    > cents more than a double double with fries.

    The cost of the ink has not changed, your logic is faulty. The
    difference would only be seen if you are printing things with 80% black
    in them.

    And it costs $5.00 more for a big mac than an "in and out" burger?


    >> Black comes from two places on the ip3000, either from the pigment
    >> tank or from mixing CMY. When printing black text mixed with color,
    >> i've observed mine going to CMY to do it. Why would I notice this?
    >> Because I was running low on magenta and thought I had enough to
    >> finish the document, which I would have except it wasn't using the big
    >> bci-3e tank for black, what you'd expect for text.
    >
    >
    >
    > go tell it to canon. see if they believe you.

    They are aware of the issue. Someoone else here pointed out the issue
    that the printer is document oriented rather than being object oriented.
    I don't know what the issue is my self. Which is really sad because
    what i'm pointing out here is another benifit of the ip4000 over the
    ip3000, something that seems to make you glow.... yet you can't see
    that. Perhaps you can't accept the fact that there are some flaws in
    the printer... I don't know, but you can't seem to grasp simple concepts.

    1. The ip3000 costs less than the ip4000. Not by $5.00 but $40 to $80
    depending on the market.
    2. The ip4000 is in short supply... it's not in production anymore.
    You are lucky if you can find it, and when you do it could cost anything
    even the offical MSRP
    3. Different markets have different prices, if you followed my links
    you could see I spoke the truth. frys isn't going to help a UK user.

    But you with all due respect are not interested in the truth... you
    would do anything say anything to promote your favorite printer.

    If someone wants to save $40 to $80 US for the ip3000... more power to
    them.
  14. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Matt Zukowski wrote:

    >
    >>> You are always right and never can be wrong. I mean i'm not the one
    >>> who said the price difference between the two printers is the same
    >>> as two hamburgers from two different fast food joints. The price
    >>> difference is a little bit more than that, for this users market the
    >>> difference could be the equlivent to $40 to $80.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> currently $20.00
    >
    >
    > So sir, on this issue you are incorrect. There are several reasons
    > why this assumption is invalid.
    >
    > 1. $20 rebate is good for the ip3000 and ip4000 as well as others in
    > the pixma line.
    > 2. You assume you can get the ip4000 at frys for $100. You might but
    > most of the states in the union can not, and even among those who
    > have frys not all have the ip4000 in stock.
    > 3. We are talking about the UK, which is a different market. The
    > rebate doesn't exist and the prices are different.


    I AM ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT THE USA

    >
    > > When they first came out it cost me $40 to exchange the ip3000 for
    > the > ip4000. in the long scheme of things this is chump change. $15 of
    > > that was for the pigment ink so the actual difference was $25.00
    >
    > Your logic is faulty. They both have the bci-3e pigment black,
    > assuming this is what you are talking about. You "could" say the
    > ip4000 comes with an extra black worth $12.00 but that's splitting hairs.
    >
    > I can believe a $40 difference between the two printers, the MSRP is
    > $100 and $150 so it's reasonable to believe $40. But this is the US
    > market not the UK market.

    SOOO WHAT

    >
    > > today after taking out the ink cost the difference is $5.00 just a few
    > > cents more than a double double with fries.
    >
    > The cost of the ink has not changed, your logic is faulty. The
    > difference would only be seen if you are printing things with 80%
    > black in them.
    >
    > And it costs $5.00 more for a big mac than an "in and out" burger?


    YOU ARE GETTING AN EXTRA INK CART. IT IS WORTH AROUND $15.00 SMACKERS
    IF YOU WANT TO SPLIT HAIRS THEN $12.00 SO THE DIFF IS $8.00. IT MAKES
    NO DIFFERENCE WHAT YOU PRINT OR WHAT THE COVERAGE IS. YOU STILL GET IT.

    >
    >
    >>> Black comes from two places on the ip3000, either from the pigment
    >>> tank or from mixing CMY. When printing black text mixed with color,
    >>> i've observed mine going to CMY to do it. Why would I notice this?
    >>> Because I was running low on magenta and thought I had enough to
    >>> finish the document, which I would have except it wasn't using the
    >>> big bci-3e tank for black, what you'd expect for text.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> go tell it to canon. see if they believe you.
    >
    >
    > They are aware of the issue. Someoone else here pointed out the issue
    > that the printer is document oriented rather than being object
    > oriented. I don't know what the issue is my self. Which is really
    > sad because what i'm pointing out here is another benifit of the
    > ip4000 over the ip3000, something that seems to make you glow.... yet
    > you can't see that. Perhaps you can't accept the fact that there are
    > some flaws in the printer... I don't know, but you can't seem to grasp
    > simple concepts.
    >
    > 1. The ip3000 costs less than the ip4000. Not by $5.00 but $40 to
    > $80 depending on the market.
    > 2. The ip4000 is in short supply... it's not in production anymore.
    > You are lucky if you can find it, and when you do it could cost
    > anything even the offical MSRP
    > 3. Different markets have different prices, if you followed my links
    > you could see I spoke the truth. frys isn't going to help a UK user.


    HEY IF DA JERK BURTIE FURTIE CAN BUY I960 THEN I AM SURE THE IP4000 WILL
    BE AROUND.

    >
    > But you with all due respect are not interested in the truth... you
    > would do anything say anything to promote your favorite printer.
    >
    > If someone wants to save $40 to $80 US for the ip3000... more power to
    > them.


    YOU CANNOT COUNT OR ADD
  15. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > i am only concerned about the usa

    Then why bother to reply to a UK user asking about the price of
    printers. Don't you understand that the UK isn't in the Americas? How
    is it useful to someone in the UK that frys has the printer for $100
    with a $20 rebate.

    OP- "Canon IP3000 Colour Bubble Jet £66.23"

    If you are only concerned about the USA you have no business taking the
    time to reply to users from other nations who have different prices.
    This is beyond stupid.. this is ludicrous.

    > sooo what

    You see... this is why you are a spammer. Responces regarding us
    businesses or prices was 100% unsolicited.

    > you are getting an extra ink cart. it is worth around $15 smackers
    > if you want to split hairs then $12.00 so the diff is $8.00

    We should be talking quid, the OP was quoting the price in the UK.

    This is comming from the man who goes wild and corrects MY numbers when
    they are a buck off the deal you get at costco, the deal no one else can
    get.

    No sir, the diff is $28. You see the rebate for the ip4000, that $20
    rebate you are so proud of, so proud you tell people in the UK that
    can't get it about it applies to both the ip4000 and the ip3000. You
    were made aware of this fact yet you continue to lie.

    > hey if <Mr. Burt> can buy i960 then i am sure the ip4000 will
    > be around
    <edit mine>

    Well you see, while this is somewhat a valid point... somewhat... it's
    hardly the main point. You see the supply for the ip4000 is low, and
    the demand is somewhat high, so the price you can expect to be close to
    retail which in america is $150. You can get LUCKY and find it for $100
    but you have to shop around to find it for that price. Any website that
    has it for $100 also says it's sold out. Now in the UK one can easily
    spend £93.12 for the printer which is $167.43, where this guy bought the
    ip3000 for £66.23 or $119.05. If you are not lucky you can expect to
    spend £127.00 or USD$228.32.

    You see, the price mark on the ip3000 was lower, and because the demand
    is lower people are not nessicarly asking MSRP for it. You understand
    supply and demand, you are a Standford MBA afterall.

    Is the ip4000 worth USD $48.38 more? is it worth USD $109.27 more?

    Oh but wait... the ip4000 bci-6bk is £6.84 or USD$12.30. So about
    $36.08 more to $96.97 in terms you can understand... the USD. You can
    say the ip4000 might cost less to operate because it doesn't have to use
    a CMY to make black, but you never bothered to crunch the numbers to
    justify that assertion. I'm not going to bother because I can respect
    anyone who doesn't want to spedn an extra 30 or 40 quid or more for
    something they don't feel they will use.

    This is being accurate to the penny/cent.

    Now the funny thing is you can get the i960 on close out for between
    $100 and $300 depending where you shop. The ip4000 isn't available on
    closeout yet.

    > you cannot count or add

    I can't count or add? Sorry I don't understand measekite-math. I don't
    understand how 100 - 60 = 5. Nor do I understand ($100-$20) - ($60-20)
    = $5.00 or even ($100-$20-$12.30) - ($60-20) = $5

    This is assuming that your mythical $100 deal for the ip4000 was true.
    The best price I can find at this moment is $112.99, and to be fair the
    best price I can find at this moment for the ip3000 is $79.94 shipped...
    a difference of 33.05... though from amazon the difference is 28.01. As
    both carry the same rebate the difference is the same. But this is
    AMERICA, not UK.

    You can say I don't know the price of a big mac, that would be true, but
    I don't understand how one could save $27.70 buying your burger from "in
    and out".

    You sir are wrong, dead wrong. You are so wrong it's ludicrous. I have
    no idea how you get $5.00 because it's simply not true.
  16. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    You totally missed the point... you see the parent was asking about
    printers in the UK... and you responded with American prices. If you
    actually had common sense you wouldn't need people like my self to point
    out when you are wrong. It clearly leads to a brused ego and causes you
    to lash out. You would be a much happer person if you'll just accept
    the fact that sometimes you are wrong, learn, and move on.
Ask a new question

Read More

Printers Epson Peripherals