computer locking up PLZ help

Arrius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
ok my system when i play a game will lock up and in the headset i get static and beeping and i have to hard reboot where i have to press the power button to turn it off and reboot. this has been happening for some time now and i do not know what it is. i do not think that it is a heat issue because i have always had my case open. my processor is an AMD Athlon 64 3400+ and i ran Mother board monitor and when it crashed it said it was 107 degrees farenheit which is inside the range it should be. i also have a Geforce 6800 w/ 128mb ram and a sound blaster audigy zs gamers edition. it mostly happens when i am playing a game sometimes it will be in a few minutes and other times it will stay on for 30 minutes without crashing. my mother board is a Gigabyte GA-K8NS. i dont really know what else to say but if you guys could please help that would be great because i cant play AA (and thats mostly all i play) because it crashes after about 10 minutes. some one please help

Killercop

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
I think your problem is the drivers. When gaming, download the latest drivers when possible. I had the same problem with Sim City 4 once, the new drivers fixed it... The most important drivers is those for the graphic card, and the sound card... But don't forget all those for the mainboard.

When your rig crashes, does the blue screen of death comes up? If so, then the drivers really might be the problem.

Arrius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
i have updated my graphic drivers i think it might still be my sound ive tried updated the sounds but nothing changes

no the blue screen does not come up

Arrius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
muffins: i have monitered my vid card temps and when it crashes its about 77 degrees celcius when it crashed

as far as i know i have all the updated drivers for my motherboard i have a Gigabyte GA-K8NS

muffins

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
hmmm well thats vid temp doesnt seem high enough to cause it to crash.....it is possible that your PSU is crappin out on ya but i cant say that for sure...just a guess really