Cannot Display Pages Offline

Despite following the instructions given I cannot get any web pages to
display offline. I go through the procedure of saving in favourites, ticking
"make available offline" and syncronizing. If I go to the shortcut on
favourites and right click, the "make available offline" line is ticked as I
would expect. But if I disconnect and then try to go to the page while
offline the dial up dialogue box comes up. I select "work offline" from the
dialogue box. Then instead of displaying the page that shoulg be available
offline I get "Web page unavailable offline" together with instructions on
how to make it available offline, the same instructions that I used in the
first place.
Any ideas ?????

"Skid" <Skid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Despite following the instructions given I cannot get any web pages to
> display offline. I go through the procedure of saving in favourites,
ticking
> "make available offline" and syncronizing. If I go to the shortcut on
> favourites and right click, the "make available offline" line is ticked as
> would expect. But if I disconnect and then try to go to the page while
> offline the dial up dialogue box comes up. I select "work offline" from
the
> dialogue box. Then instead of displaying the page that shoulg be available
> offline I get "Web page unavailable offline" together with instructions on
> how to make it available offline, the same instructions that I used in the
> first place.
> Any ideas ?????

Unsure if this is what you want, but I do the following for stuff I really
want to save. In IE, File>Save as..., which gets a dialog box with
provision to name it and select or create a folder to save it in.

Malv