Nokia 3595 wont pick up AT&T

I have two identical Nokia 3595's using Cingular and one will roam
onto the AT&T network and the other will not. Both phones are under
the same plan. The phone that will not see AT&T's network will not
even let you choose "network selection" and the other one will. The
only difference I can see is the SIM chip has different markings. I
have tried to take the battery out and even the chip but I can not get
it to see both networks. Any suggestions before I take it to a
Cingular store???

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about nokia 3595 wont pick

    > I have two identical Nokia 3595's using Cingular and one will roam
    > onto the AT&T network and the other will not. Both phones are under
    > the same plan. The phone that will not see AT&T's network will not
    > even let you choose "network selection" and the other one will. The
    > only difference I can see is the SIM chip has different markings. I
    > have tried to take the battery out and even the chip but I can not get
    > it to see both networks. Any suggestions before I take it to a
    > Cingular store???

    The only thing I can think of to tell you is to wait a couple more
    days because perhaps the OTA programming of your second Nokia hasn't
    occured yet? Or just call Cingular, OR go to a store, but if you go to
    a store, there may not be a guarantee that they'll give you a new
    programmed SIM card. I wouldn't stress it if you get good Cingular
    tower coverage.

    "DeronD" <ddodero@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    >I have two identical Nokia 3595's using Cingular and one will roam
    > onto the AT&T network and the other will not. Both phones are under
    > the same plan. The phone that will not see AT&T's network will not
    > even let you choose "network selection" and the other one will. The
    > only difference I can see is the SIM chip has different markings. I
    > have tried to take the battery out and even the chip but I can not get
    > it to see both networks. Any suggestions before I take it to a
    > Cingular store???
    >
    > Thanks

    Call 611. Have cingular reprogram your phone for preferred roaming. I
    believe that this can be done remotely, even. In other words, they might be
    able to do this while you are on the phone with them. -Dave

    In <2vuie6F2pgci1U1@uni-berlin.de> on Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:50:46 -0500, "Dave
    C." <mdupre@sff.net> wrote:

    >"DeronD" <ddodero@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    >>I have two identical Nokia 3595's using Cingular and one will roam
    >> onto the AT&T network and the other will not. Both phones are under
    >> the same plan. The phone that will not see AT&T's network will not
    >> even let you choose "network selection" and the other one will. The
    >> only difference I can see is the SIM chip has different markings. I
    >> have tried to take the battery out and even the chip but I can not get
    >> it to see both networks. Any suggestions before I take it to a
    >> Cingular store???
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >
    >Call 611. Have cingular reprogram your phone for preferred roaming. I
    >believe that this can be done remotely, even. In other words, they might be
    >able to do this while you are on the phone with them. -Dave

    It can't be OTA (over the air) if you are on the same phone at the time.

Cingular At&T Nokia Internet Service Providers