Nokia 3595 wont pick up AT&T

Last response: in Network Providers
November 16, 2004 1:00:04 AM

I have two identical Nokia 3595's using Cingular and one will roam
onto the AT&T network and the other will not. Both phones are under
the same plan. The phone that will not see AT&T's network will not
even let you choose "network selection" and the other one will. The
only difference I can see is the SIM chip has different markings. I
have tried to take the battery out and even the chip but I can not get
it to see both networks. Any suggestions before I take it to a
Cingular store???

Thanks

More about : nokia 3595 wont pick

Anonymous
November 16, 2004 11:00:57 AM

> I have two identical Nokia 3595's using Cingular and one will roam
> onto the AT&T network and the other will not. Both phones are under
> the same plan. The phone that will not see AT&T's network will not
> even let you choose "network selection" and the other one will. The
> only difference I can see is the SIM chip has different markings. I
> have tried to take the battery out and even the chip but I can not get
> it to see both networks. Any suggestions before I take it to a
> Cingular store???

The only thing I can think of to tell you is to wait a couple more
days because perhaps the OTA programming of your second Nokia hasn't
occured yet? Or just call Cingular, OR go to a store, but if you go to
a store, there may not be a guarantee that they'll give you a new
programmed SIM card. I wouldn't stress it if you get good Cingular
tower coverage.
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 12:50:46 PM

"DeronD" <ddodero@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>I have two identical Nokia 3595's using Cingular and one will roam
> onto the AT&T network and the other will not. Both phones are under
> the same plan. The phone that will not see AT&T's network will not
> even let you choose "network selection" and the other one will. The
> only difference I can see is the SIM chip has different markings. I
> have tried to take the battery out and even the chip but I can not get
> it to see both networks. Any suggestions before I take it to a
> Cingular store???
>
> Thanks

Call 611. Have cingular reprogram your phone for preferred roaming. I
believe that this can be done remotely, even. In other words, they might be
able to do this while you are on the phone with them. -Dave
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 6:16:22 PM

In <2vuie6F2pgci1U1@uni-berlin.de> on Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:50:46 -0500, "Dave
C." <mdupre@sff.net> wrote:

>"DeronD" <ddodero@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>I have two identical Nokia 3595's using Cingular and one will roam
>> onto the AT&T network and the other will not. Both phones are under
>> the same plan. The phone that will not see AT&T's network will not
>> even let you choose "network selection" and the other one will. The
>> only difference I can see is the SIM chip has different markings. I
>> have tried to take the battery out and even the chip but I can not get
>> it to see both networks. Any suggestions before I take it to a
>> Cingular store???
>>
>> Thanks
>
>Call 611. Have cingular reprogram your phone for preferred roaming. I
>believe that this can be done remotely, even. In other words, they might be
>able to do this while you are on the phone with them. -Dave

It can't be OTA (over the air) if you are on the same phone at the time.