Can't remove desktop icons - help

November 16, 2004 9:13:48 PM

I have several WinXP PCs, and on a few of them, but not all, I can't
remove certain icons on the desktop or Start Menu unless I'm logged in
as Admin.
I don't know where this setting is to change it. Can anyone help me?

More about : remove desktop icons

Anonymous
November 17, 2004 10:59:52 AM

Hi

Which particular icons are they? It may be necessary to logon onto an
account that has Administrative privleges to delete them - not necessarily
the Admin. Acc.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"fear" <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
>I have several WinXP PCs, and on a few of them, but not all, I can't
> remove certain icons on the desktop or Start Menu unless I'm logged in
> as Admin.
> I don't know where this setting is to change it. Can anyone help me?
November 17, 2004 4:43:34 PM

On the PCs it happens on, it's any icon. Can't delete any icon at all.
I'm trying to remove Adaware and NOrton Systemworks from the User
desktop, customers don't need to see those or use them. I have several
other PCs set up the same way, winXP, etc, and on those I can remove
them even as the User, so I don't understand the inconsistancy with
the windows setup, or how to make them all behave the same.

!