Sign in with
Your question

Epox AM2 Motherboard - Is it any good?

Last response: in Motherboards
September 24, 2006 11:22:01 PM

Hello all!

I am looking for a new mobo for my AM2 cpu, as my current one is giving me trouble.

My specs are:
Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (1.8V)
AM2 X2 3800+
Radeon X850XT (PCI-E x16)
... The others dont matter much.

I have been looking at this Epox motherboard - which suits me well.... atleast on paperwork.

Now I'm asking, where does Epox stand in the line of motherboard manufacturers? Good, bad? And what do you think about the specific board I linked to?

Thanks for your time!
September 25, 2006 12:34:06 AM

Quote:
It's only good if you want to overclock otherwise you'd be wasting it.

I plan on overclocking my X2 3800+ from 3200+ (single core) speeds to 3800+ (single core) speeds... Maybe even push it farther. From your post I gather Epox motherboards are good for overclocking?

Also, how is Epox in general, overclocking aside? Are their motherboards quality and are they stable?
September 26, 2006 11:48:37 PM

Quote:
It's only good if you want to overclock otherwise you'd be wasting it.

I plan on overclocking my X2 3800+ from 3200+ (single core) speeds to 3800+ (single core) speeds... Maybe even push it farther. From your post I gather Epox motherboards are good for overclocking?

Also, how is Epox in general, overclocking aside? Are their motherboards quality and are they stable?
Anyone?
September 28, 2006 8:20:41 PM

I've got 3 machines running w/ Epox boards and I've never had a single issue.

I haven't used this specific one you're asking about, but I just built an AM2 system with the MF570SLI board and it works as advertised with no issues.

The 570 also has a windows based flash utility which makes updating the bios real simple. The only thing it doesn't have is firewire on the back panel (???) though there is a header for it if you want to add a PCI card.

I'm just learning to OC so I can't give you any whiz kid answers about Epox capability vs. DFI etc. So far it seems pretty OC friendly, though I will say that the bios using a little different terminology in the memory settings which means I'm doing some guessing when comparing it to all the stickies and guides I've found.

Web
!