Company of Heroes

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I need a new video card, mostly to run Company of Heroes. Anyway, it's not up on the VGA charts yet, if it ever will be. Even at about medium I'm lagging pretty badly, showing the age of my year-old system. I was wondering whether ATi or Nvidia came out on top with this game, and by how much of a margin. Looking for a ~$300 graphics card and not afraid to unlock or overclock.

P.S. I will probably build a Conroe rig later once I get the cash, so don't worry so much about the graphics card being ahead of the rest of the system.

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
I need a new video card, mostly to run Company of Heroes. Anyway, it's not up on the VGA charts yet, if it ever will be. Even at about medium I'm lagging pretty badly, showing the age of my year-old system. I was wondering whether ATi or Nvidia came out on top with this game, and by how much of a margin. Looking for a ~$300 graphics card and not afraid to unlock or overclock.

P.S. I will probably build a Conroe rig later once I get the cash, so don't worry so much about the graphics card being ahead of the rest of the system.

For this game i'd say either an x1900xt or 7950gt would be fine, it runs on medium without any slowdown on my 6800GT and runs flawlessly maxed out on my volt modded 7900GT.

tareq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2004
it runs smoothly with maxed out sittings on my ATI 1900XT 512 overclocked at 670 from 625. I would suggest that u get the 256 version of the card its within the range of $250-$300 mark. The extra memory on the card shouldn't effect preformance for that game.