I have 2 Pentium III - 866mhz systems. I call them PC1 and PC2. Both are
running on win98se with 256mb ram and with plenty of disk space (hard drives
are 40gb) and both have the same video cards GeForce 2 with 64mb rams. But
they are both not using the same motherboard.

When I run NFS -Underground, I find that PC2 runs faster than PC1. Why is
that? The racing graphics are the tell tale signs. Could it be due to
motherboard speeds? On booting up I could see that PC1's motherboard shows
a clock speed of 133mhz though I have no idea on PC 2's motherboard speed.
How do I check motherboard speeds? I don't have the motherboard manuals for
these 2 PCs. Is there a software that can check a motherboard's speed?

If you go into BIOS at startup, there should be a reading for your front
side bus, which would be your speed.
Both boards are probably running at the same FSB if they are the same CPU.
The difference is more likely in the chipset- some are faster than others.
Without diagnostic utilities (some of which are quite expensive), there's no
for-sure way of measuring your throughput. Also, you need to make sure your
video drivers are the latest, and that other hardware drivers are up to
date. There is a lot more determining the speed of your machine than just
the MB speed.
SC Tom