Replacement for Epson Stylus Stylus 820

My Epson Stylus Photo 820 has finally died. I had very good luck with
this machine. Now I have to get another printer. Is there anything out
that that someone would recommend that would be similar. I don't do a
lot of printing. Most, it seems, are photos. But I do some regular text
printing. Looking for something not fancy at all. (Read that cheap!)
33 answers Last reply
More about replacement epson stylus stylus

    Either a Canon ip4000 or IP5000, the ip5000 being better at text, mine
    is as good as my laser printer and just as fast after the laser has
    warmed up..

    These printers has two blacks, a dye for photo black and a larger tank
    with pigment ink for text.

    The Epson I had was forever clogging and required nozzle cleans not
    only did they waste ink, I had to check each item after printing.
    Canon uses ink not waste it making it far more economical and I don't
    need to check the prints after printing.

    One added feature is that it caters for duplex printing, printing on
    both sides of the paper.

    You'll find reviews at photo-i, Steves digicams and Tom's Hardware
    along with a host of other printer brands.

    Regarding text I can't detect bleeding nor feathering, I have had mine
    over three months and not one clog nor manual nozzle clean required to
    date.

    The ink tanks are clear so you can see the ink inside and not chipped,
    but do watch out for the newer versions ip4100 etc I understand that
    these are 'chipped tanks', you'll need to check.

    NOTE:
    The ip5000 has a 1pl resolution setting it will only print at 1pl with
    the media set to 'Photo Paper pro'.

    I like it and would have no hesitation in getting another - I can't
    say that about Epson and my experience with them.

    Davy

    If you had good luck with the 820 I would suggest the Epson R200. It does a
    great job with photos and you will also be able to print on CD's.

    "Carl Lucas" <clucas@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > My Epson Stylus Photo 820 has finally died. I had very good luck with this
    > machine. Now I have to get another printer. Is there anything out that
    > that someone would recommend that would be similar. I don't do a lot of
    > printing. Most, it seems, are photos. But I do some regular text printing.
    > Looking for something not fancy at all. (Read that cheap!)

    CANON IP4000 - ON SALE WITH REBATES FOR UNDER $80.00

    Carl Lucas wrote:

    > My Epson Stylus Photo 820 has finally died. I had very good luck with
    > this machine. Now I have to get another printer. Is there anything out
    > that that someone would recommend that would be similar. I don't do a
    > lot of printing. Most, it seems, are photos. But I do some regular
    > text printing. Looking for something not fancy at all. (Read that cheap!)

    R300 IS BETTER BUT THE CANON IP4000 IS BETTER YET. THESE PRINTER ONLY
    COST $20.00 MORE WHEN ON SALE WITH REBATES.

    In article <6tiXe.386$OC2.54@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
    inkystinky@oem.com says...
    > R300 IS BETTER BUT THE CANON IP4000 IS BETTER YET. THESE PRINTER ONLY
    > COST $20.00 MORE WHEN ON SALE WITH REBATES.

    These printer? Can't write in English, can't use caps lock key, knows
    only what he reads.

    IP4000 is a good printer, but not as good as some of previous generation
    of Canon printers. Next generation probably worse still, so buy now &
    avoid future Canon downgrades (like chipped cartidges).

    >>>If you had good luck with the 820 I would suggest the Epson R200. It does a
    >>>great job with photos and you will also be able to print on CD's

    safetymom123, my ip3000 and mp760 prints on CDs just fine. It's not a
    stock option and you'll have to buy a tray off e-bay, but they do a
    fine job. The ip4000 prints on CDs perfectly well.

    > > r300 is better but the canon ip4000 is better yet. these printer only
    > > cost $200 more when on sale with rebates.
    > > canon ip4000 - on sale with rebates for under $80.00

    Measekite... the ip4000 is out of production and the rebate is only
    good till the end of this month. Besides where ever can you actually
    buy it these days? Technicaly I guess Amazon has it for $112 or $92.99
    after rebates. With all due respect it's about time you become
    obsessed with the newer models as the older ones are in short supply.

    If you actually "know" of a place that has the ip4000 for $100 before
    rebates, share it. Otherwise expect to spend $150 at compusa or office
    max.

    > IP4000 is a good printer, but not as good as some of previous generation
    > of Canon printers. Next generation probably worse still, so buy now &
    > avoid future Canon downgrades (like chipped cartidges).

    the jury is still out on the new generation. I'll agree the new
    chipped tanks cost more, but I don't know if their fuction prevents
    refilling. I have to admit I like the idea of a valid estimate of ink
    remaining rather than the current system that kicks in when it's 20%
    empty.

    However, Davy, this person indicates he had very good service with his
    820 Epson, so why should he wish to change brands?

    To the O.P. you may wish to consider either a dye ink printer like the
    R200 or R300, or a pigmented one, like the C66 or C86.

    Art

    measekite wrote:
    > the following is from canon's website.
    > they still have it in the product line up as of today. that is in
    the > usa. that is all that counts.

    If you actually take the time to look you'll notice the link to buy it,
    the canon estore

    http://estore.usa.canon.com/searchresults.asp?PARENTOID=5

    For future reference I reccomend you actually check your links before
    posting statements. As of today, yesturday, and last week the Canon USA
    estore has NO IP4000s FOR SALE.

    >> Besides where ever can you actually
    >> buy it these days?
    >

    > frys

    Outpost.com does have the ip4000 for $150 ($20 rebate good till the end
    of september). The ip4200 is cheaper by $20.00 from the get go... no
    rebate that i'm aware of. My local frys doesn't have any, not that I
    haven't been looking... been thinking about a referb ip4000 my self.
    Frys isn't exactly everywhere anyway, unlike places like staples and
    office depot.
    Compusa is "sold out"

    FYI FRYs only has retail stores in the following states
    California, Texas, Arizona, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Nevada, Oregon,
    & Washington

    That it. I disagree that only the USA counts but you are an American
    and understand that your viewpoint is narrow as a result, and I can even
    respect that, but you need to respect the fact that 9 states out of 50
    have frys retail locations, and in those nine states 31 retail locations
    TOTAL.

    If you want to be actually helpful find a place that still has them in
    stock and share a link... that's a good boy.

    >> the jury is still out on the new generation. I'll agree the new
    >> chipped tanks cost more, but I don't know if their fuction prevents
    >> refilling.
    >
    > I really do not give a <hoot>, if there were no <ink venders> that
    > would be different. <edit mine>

    Other users might give a hoot. This newsgroup doesn't revolve around you.

    > da shmuck did not tell you that epson has a known engineering defect
    > with the cd tray

    They might not know the issue. Epson gives out free replacements. Most
    problems with the Epson CD tray can be resolved by removing the clear
    piece of plastic on the front. The hub hooks eventually give out. My
    guess is that the tray is good for about 200 copies. The Epson tray
    mights a pretty nice canon tray so long as you trim 2mm off the sides
    and a tad from the front and paint on three white spots. The canon CD
    tray is more spiffy. The alignment marks are made of metal and don't
    fade away. It's highly reccomended.

    [
    Quote:
    quote="Arthur Entlich"]However, Davy, this person
    indicates he had very good service with his
    820 Epson, so why should he wish to change brands?

    To the O.P. you may wish to consider either a dye ink printer like the

    R200 or R300, or a pigmented one, like the C66 or C86.

    Art

    Would'nt touch an Epson with a barge pole, how often do you read about
    these printers clogging, what ink would you recommend, Epson by any
    chance..?

    The reason I suggested Canon was that it's a far more economical
    printer it uses ink and not waste it, I have not yet had to do a
    nozzle check or nozzle clean the time I have had mine and every print
    the Canon does it does it without any flaws and does not have to be
    checked - 100% reliable I'd say.

    The OP only need's to read 'user reviews' and not just restrict one's
    self to just this forum to form a 'self' opinion.

    User comments 'good and bad' can be found on many shopping sites, the
    complaints easily outweighs those of Canon.

    Davy

    Thanks. I'll do that.

    Matt Zukowski wrote:
    > measekite wrote:
    > > the following is from canon's website.
    > > they still have it in the product line up as of today. that is in
    > the > usa. that is all that counts.
    >
    > If you actually take the time to look you'll notice the link to buy it,
    > the canon estore
    >
    > http://estore.usa.canon.com/searchresults.asp?PARENTOID=5
    >
    > For future reference I reccomend you actually check your links before
    > posting statements. As of today, yesturday, and last week the Canon USA
    > estore has NO IP4000s FOR SALE.
    >
    > >> Besides where ever can you actually
    > >> buy it these days?
    > >

    > > frys
    >
    > Outpost.com does have the ip4000 for $150 ($20 rebate good till the end
    > of september). The ip4200 is cheaper by $20.00 from the get go... no
    > rebate that i'm aware of. My local frys doesn't have any, not that I
    > haven't been looking... been thinking about a referb ip4000 my self.
    > Frys isn't exactly everywhere anyway, unlike places like staples and
    > office depot.
    > Compusa is "sold out"
    >
    > FYI FRYs only has retail stores in the following states
    > California, Texas, Arizona, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Nevada, Oregon,
    > & Washington
    >
    > That it. I disagree that only the USA counts but you are an American
    > and understand that your viewpoint is narrow as a result, and I can even
    > respect that, but you need to respect the fact that 9 states out of 50
    > have frys retail locations, and in those nine states 31 retail locations
    > TOTAL.
    >
    > If you want to be actually helpful find a place that still has them in
    > stock and share a link... that's a good boy.
    >

    > >> the jury is still out on the new generation. I'll agree the new
    > >> chipped tanks cost more, but I don't know if their fuction prevents
    > >> refilling.
    > >
    > > I really do not give a <hoot>, if there were no <ink venders> that
    > > would be different. <edit mine>
    >
    > Other users might give a hoot. This newsgroup doesn't revolve around you.
    >
    > > da shmuck did not tell you that epson has a known engineering defect
    > > with the cd tray
    >
    > They might not know the issue. Epson gives out free replacements. Most
    > problems with the Epson CD tray can be resolved by removing the clear
    > piece of plastic on the front. The hub hooks eventually give out. My
    > guess is that the tray is good for about 200 copies. The Epson tray
    > mights a pretty nice canon tray so long as you trim 2mm off the sides
    > and a tad from the front and paint on three white spots. The canon CD
    > tray is more spiffy. The alignment marks are made of metal and don't
    > fade away. It's highly reccomended.

    Matt, measershit is in texas. He has no idea where any stores other than
    frys and wal mart are located. Britain is a place he just hear about.
    Kill file his ignorant ass.
    Frank

    Another reason why I suggested Canon -: See link

    Here's a snip-;

    Quote-:
    The Stylus C84 on average stopped printing with 20 percent of the ink
    left in the cartridge, while the Canon i850 stopped printing with 10
    percent of the ink left. Canon says that it generally strives to
    leave 6 percent of a cartridge's ink as a safety margin. Epson
    doesn't disclose its target residual ink levels, nor will the company
    comment on why so high a proportion of the total ink is unused when
    printing stops. The other printers we tested gave low-ink messages
    but never stopped functioning (see the test report for details).
    Unquote:

    Davy

    Davy wrote:

    > Another reason why I suggested Canon -: See link
    >

    > http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,114590,00.asp
    >
    > Here's a snip-;
    >
    > Quote-:
    > The Stylus C84 on average stopped printing with 20 percent of the ink
    > left in the cartridge, while the Canon i850 stopped printing with 10
    > percent of the ink left. Canon says that it generally strives to
    > leave 6 percent of a cartridge's ink as a safety margin. Epson
    > doesn't disclose its target residual ink levels, nor will the company
    > comment on why so high a proportion of the total ink is unused when
    > printing stops. The other printers we tested gave low-ink messages
    > but never stopped functioning (see the test report for details).
    > Unquote:
    >
    > Davy

    Ok here's the deal Davy. I have both Canon and Epson printers. I run
    both printers until either they won't print any longer (Canon) or until
    the print is faded (color or black) the Epson's.
    These mag test always stoop to the lowest common denominator in
    perceived customer intelligence.
    In other words they stop as soon as the idiot light comes on.
    YMMV
    Frank

    In article <whCXe.342$G64.101@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>,
    inkystinky@oem.com says...

    > *IF YOU LISTEN TO PECKERBRITBLOOMER THAN YOU GOOTA BE DUMB*

    Interesting, "goota be dumb" if you assume everyone who can spell &
    write in English is British!

    And all that Canon ink has stuck his caps lock key to boot!

    >> Outpost.com does have the ip4000 for $150 ($20 rebate good till the
    >> end of september).
    >

    > hey britputz, i said frys. now that is a real store. They have the
    > 4200 in the back and have not put them out on the floor yet. they
    > will sell you one if you ask. the ip4000 is on the floor for $80
    > after sales price and all rebates.

    Your frys perhaps, not my frys, and not the frys other people use. I
    made reference to outpost.com because if you take the time to look it's
    owned by frys. frys them selves have no website other than outpost.

    What you dont' seem to realize is that frys is a small chain, a very
    small chain that doesn't do anyone much good who doesn't have one in
    their state, let alone someone not in america.

    And that rebate is only good till the end of september.

    I'm not going to get into some of the many issue with Canon printers,
    because they have been discussed previously. Epson has moved this
    industry ahead with not only resolutions that were unheard of prior to
    them, but also in terms of media, inks and papers, and overall output.

    During that period Canon has been playing catch up. What Canon does
    well in inkjets they do well, and I will be the first to admit some
    environments with Epson printers are hard to accommodate the technology
    well (very dry, dusty climates, for example).

    However, Epson brought pigment inks, waterproof inks and papers, and
    photo quality printing forward, as well as great color management, and
    most other similarly priced printers do not provide those things.

    I would never suggest an Epson printer to you because for whatever
    reason yo either got two dogs, or something within your work environment
    was wrong for them. However, this guy got good service form his
    printer, and so he is considering buying another one in that brand line.

    I'm not slagging Canon, because I think their printers in non-critical
    dye color situations are faster and easier to maintain. But Epson
    continues to have a place in the marketplace, just not with you.

    Art

    Davy wrote:

    > [
    Quote:
    quote="Arthur Entlich"]However, Davy, this person
    > indicates he had very good service with his
    > 820 Epson, so why should he wish to change brands?
    >
    > To the O.P. you may wish to consider either a dye ink printer like the
    >
    > R200 or R300, or a pigmented one, like the C66 or C86.
    >
    > Art

    > Would'nt touch an Epson with a barge pole, how often do you read about
    > these printers clogging, what ink would you recommend, Epson by any
    > chance..?
    >

    > The reason I suggested Canon was that it's a far more economical
    > printer it uses ink and not waste it, I have not yet had to do a
    > nozzle check or nozzle clean the time I have had mine and every print
    > the Canon does it does it without any flaws and does not have to be
    > checked - 100% reliable I'd say.
    >
    > The OP only need's to read 'user reviews' and not just restrict one's
    > self to just this forum to form a 'self' opinion.
    >
    > User comments 'good and bad' can be found on many shopping sites, the
    > complaints easily outweighs those of Canon.
    >
    > Davy

    [
    Quote:
    quote="Frank"]
    In other words they stop as soon as the idiot light comes on.
    YMMV
    Frank

    Yeah right, they stop when the light comes on....thats normal Frank

    But they alleged, not I - they; that there is some 20% of ink left, in
    the Epson cartridges that is, we're not talking 3rd party tanks here
    right - they may well be different..?

    Take the price of the OEM cartridge, the amount of ink that is alleged
    to be left, the amount that is wasted through bad printing and the
    amount that they use for 'flushing' when you power the printer and
    that used for nozzle cleans - just how much goes on paper..?

    Is that the reason why they sell cheap printers and expensive inks and
    that they get miffed when folks starts selling cheaper ink's.

    And why won't Epson comment, what are they hiding..?

    Davy

    > Arthur Entlichwrote:

    > However, Epson brought pigment inks, waterproof inks and papers, and

    > photo quality printing forward, as well as great color management,
    and
    > most other similarly priced printers do not provide those things.
    >
    > Art

    Certainly have, but at a cost which makes people buy 3rd party ink and
    refill their ink tanks to avoid extortionate cost's with high running
    cost's.

    That's why they 'bribe' people with cheap printers and expensive
    inks.

    Davy

    That's the current nature of the inkjet and more so now other printer
    markets. They are all doing it, making the consumable the profit
    generators. I don't agree with it as a business model for any of them.

    Art

    Davy wrote:

    >>Arthur Entlichwrote:
    >

    >>However, Epson brought pigment inks, waterproof inks and papers, and
    >

    >>photo quality printing forward, as well as great color management,
    >
    > and
    >
    >>most other similarly priced printers do not provide those things.
    >>
    >>Art
    >>

    > Certainly have, but at a cost which makes people buy 3rd party ink and
    > refill their ink tanks to avoid extortionate cost's with high running
    > cost's.
    >
    > That's why they 'bribe' people with cheap printers and expensive
    > inks.
    >
    > Davy

    > Arthur Entlichwrote:
    That's the current nature of the inkjet and
    more so now other printer
    > markets. They are all doing it, making the consumable the profit
    > generators. I don't agree with it as a business model for any of
    them.

    > Art

    Appears to be so Art, but some rule ought to be applied regarding OEM
    printing supplies, paper included.

    Davy

    Frank wrote:

    > Matt Zukowski wrote:
    >
    >> measekite wrote:
    >> > the following is from canon's website.
    >> > they still have it in the product line up as of today. that is in
    >> the > usa. that is all that counts.
    >>
    >> If you actually take the time to look you'll notice the link to buy
    >> it, the canon estore
    >>
    >> http://estore.usa.canon.com/searchresults.asp?PARENTOID=5
    >>
    >> For future reference I reccomend you actually check your links before
    >> posting statements. As of today, yesturday, and last week the Canon
    >> USA estore has NO IP4000s FOR SALE.

    >> > frys
    >>
    >> Outpost.com does have the ip4000 for $150 ($20 rebate good till the
    >> end of september). The ip4200 is cheaper by $20.00 from the get
    >> go... no rebate that i'm aware of. My local frys doesn't have any,
    >> not that I haven't been looking... been thinking about a referb
    >> ip4000 my self. Frys isn't exactly everywhere anyway, unlike places
    >> like staples and office depot.
    >> Compusa is "sold out"
    >>
    >> FYI FRYs only has retail stores in the following states
    >> California, Texas, Arizona, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Nevada,
    >> Oregon, & Washington
    >>
    >> That it. I disagree that only the USA counts but you are an American
    >> and understand that your viewpoint is narrow as a result, and I can
    >> even respect that, but you need to respect the fact that 9 states out
    >> of 50 have frys retail locations, and in those nine states 31 retail
    >> locations TOTAL.
    >>
    >> If you want to be actually helpful find a place that still has them
    >> in stock and share a link... that's a good boy.

    >> > I really do not give a <hoot>, if there were no <ink venders> that
    >> > would be different. <edit mine>
    >>
    >> Other users might give a hoot. This newsgroup doesn't revolve around
    >> you.
    >>
    >> > da shmuck did not tell you that epson has a known engineering defect
    >> > with the cd tray
    >>
    >> They might not know the issue. Epson gives out free replacements.
    >> Most problems with the Epson CD tray can be resolved by removing the
    >> clear piece of plastic on the front. The hub hooks eventually give
    >> out. My guess is that the tray is good for about 200 copies. The
    >> Epson tray mights a pretty nice canon tray so long as you trim 2mm
    >> off the sides and a tad from the front and paint on three white
    >> spots. The canon CD tray is more spiffy. The alignment marks are
    >> made of metal and don't fade away. It's highly reccomended.
    >>

    > Matt, frankshit is in texas. He has no idea where any stores other
    > than frys and wal mart are located. Britain is a place he just hear
    > about.
    > Kill file my ignorant ass.
    > Frank

    FRANKIE CRANKIE IS IGNORANT

    Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:

    >In article <whCXe.342$G64.101@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>,
    >inkystinky@oem.com says...
    >

    >>*IF YOU LISTEN TO PECKERBRITBLOOMER THAN YOU GOOTA BE DUMB*
    >>

    >Interesting, "goota be dumb" if you assume everyone who can spell &
    >write in English is British!
    >
    >And all that Canon ink has stuck his caps lock key to boot!

    :-*

    Matt Zukowski wrote:

    >>> Outpost.com does have the ip4000 for $150 ($20 rebate good till the
    >>> end of september).
    >>

    > > hey britputz, i said frys. now that is a real store. They have the
    > > 4200 in the back and have not put them out on the floor yet. they
    > > will sell you one if you ask. the ip4000 is on the floor for $80
    > > after sales price and all rebates.
    >
    > Your frys perhaps, not my frys, and not the frys other people use. I
    > made reference to outpost.com because if you take the time to look
    > it's owned by frys. frys them selves have no website other than outpost.

    http://www.frys.com/ HA HA HA

    AND WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS. AND I KNOW THAT FRYS BOUGHT A WEBSTORE
    CALL OUTPOST.COM

    > What you dont' seem to realize is that frys is a small chain, a very
    > small chain that doesn't do anyone much good who doesn't have one in
    > their state, let alone someone not in america.
    >
    > And that rebate is only good till the end of september.
  25. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > http://www.frys.com/

    If you take the time to actually LOOK at the frys site you'll notice you
    can't buy their products online. So any reference to anything sold at
    frys is worthless because.

    1. You have to have one near you to buy from them
    2. The stock in one store may not be the same as the stock from another

    And if you actually take the time to look further in the site you'll see

    My point since you have a hard time understanding it is while you
    "might" be able to buy the ip4000 at your frys, I can not buy the ip4000
    at my frys. The only way you can shop frys online is via their
    extensive remodel of our newly acquired website www.outpost.com

    And what you fail to grasp is frys is a small chain in america and
    doesn't help out uk users at all.

    Your price quote and reccomendation are moot, not only because you can't
    order the ip4000 online for $80 from frys, only from outpost for $150...
    the $80 price is with a $20 rebate the ip3000 also qualifies for till
    the end of september. In other words, you lied.

    You see... people like my self actually take the time to READ. This is
    something you should learn... it would make you appear ever so less foolish.
  26. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    measekite wrote:

    > Matt Zukowski wrote:
    >
    >>> http://www.frys.com/
    >>

    >> If you take the time to actually LOOK at the frys site you'll notice
    >> you can't buy their products online.
    >

    > NEVER SAIDYOU COULD. YOU ARE THE IDIOT WHO SAID THEY DO NOT HAVE A
    > WEBSITE.
    >
    > WHAT DO YOU THINK WWW.FRYS.COM IS.

    Outside of small links for contact and store hours, their website is
    basically there to sell Dial-up Internet Service they provide.

    -Taliesyn
  27. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Taliesyn wrote:
    > measekite wrote:

    >>> If you take the time to actually LOOK at the frys site you'll notice
    >>> you can't buy their products online.
    >>

    >> NEVER SAIDYOU COULD. YOU ARE THE IDIOT WHO SAID THEY DO NOT HAVE A
    >> WEBSITE.
    >

    >> WHAT DO YOU THINK WWW.FRYS.COM IS.
    >>

    > Outside of small links for contact and store hours, their website is
    > basically there to sell Dial-up Internet Service they provide.
    >
    > -Taliesyn
    That's far beyond the mental comprehension of our resident idiot.
    Frank
  28. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Taliesyn wrote:

    > measekite wrote:

    >>> If you take the time to actually LOOK at the frys site you'll notice
    >>> you can't buy their products online.
    >>

    >> NEVER SAIDYOU COULD. YOU ARE THE IDIOT WHO SAID THEY DO NOT HAVE A
    >> WEBSITE.
    >

    >> WHAT DO YOU THINK WWW.FRYS.COM IS.
    >>

    > Outside of small links for contact and store hours, their website is
    > basically there to sell Dial-up Internet Service they provide.
    >
    > -Taliesyn

    HE HIGH SCHOOL DID NOT GRADUATE, I NEVER SAID WHAT THE SITE WAS FOR OR
    ITS PURPOSE ALL I SAID WAS THEY HAVE A SITE AND THIS IDIOT CHALLENGEED
    ME ON THAT. WELL DO THEY OR DON'T THEY HAVE A WEBSITE.
  29. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Frank wrote:

    > Taliesyn wrote:
    >
    >> measekite wrote:

    >>> NEVER SAIDYOU COULD. YOU ARE THE IDIOT WHO SAID THEY DO NOT HAVE A
    >>> WEBSITE.
    >>

    >>> WHAT DO YOU THINK WWW.FRYS.COM IS.
    >>>

    >> Outside of small links for contact and store hours, their website is
    >> basically there to sell Dial-up Internet Service they provide.
    >>
    >> -Taliesyn
    >
    > That's far beyond the mental comprehension of our resident idiot.
    > Frank the cockroach
  30. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    measekite wrote:

    > Taliesyn wrote:
    >
    >> measekite wrote:

    >>> NEVER SAIDYOU COULD. YOU ARE THE IDIOT WHO SAID THEY DO NOT HAVE A
    >>> WEBSITE.
    >>

    >>> WHAT DO YOU THINK WWW.FRYS.COM IS.
    >>>

    >> Outside of small links for contact and store hours, their website is
    >> basically there to sell Dial-up Internet Service they provide.
    >>
    >> -Taliesyn
    >

    > HE HIGH SCHOOL DID NOT GRADUATE, I NEVER SAID WHAT THE SITE WAS FOR OR
    > ITS PURPOSE ALL I SAID WAS THEY HAVE A SITE AND THIS IDIOT CHALLENGEED
    > ME ON THAT. WELL DO THEY OR DON'T THEY HAVE A WEBSITE.

    My post already answered that. Read it again.

    -Taliesyn
  31. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Taliesyn wrote:

    > measekite wrote:
    >

    >> Taliesyn wrote:

    >>> Outside of small links for contact and store hours, their website is
    >>> basically there to sell Dial-up Internet Service they provide.
    >>>
    >>> -Taliesyn
    >>

    >> HE HIGH SCHOOL DID NOT GRADUATE, I NEVER SAID WHAT THE SITE WAS FOR
    >> OR ITS PURPOSE ALL I SAID WAS THEY HAVE A SITE AND THIS IDIOT
    >> CHALLENGEED ME ON THAT. WELL DO THEY OR DON'T THEY HAVE A WEBSITE.
    >

    > My post already answered that. Read it again.
    >
    > -Taliesyn

    HA HA HA HA HA

    ARE YOU GOING TO THE SENIOR PROM?
  32. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    On Sunday, September18, 2005, Carl Lucas wrote:

    >My Epson Stylus Photo 820 has finally
    > died. I had very good luck with this
    > machine. Now I have to get another
    > printer. Is there anything out that that
    > someone would recommend that would
    > be similar. I don't do a lot of printing.
    > Most, it seems, are photos. But I do
    > some regular text printing. Looking for
    > something not fancy at all. (Read that
    > cheap!)

    As others have suggested, take a look at the Epson R200/300 printers.

    I've been using Epsons for 6 years now, and I really like them,
    especially the current models.

    In the past, I've had the Epson Stylus Color 740, 860 and Photo 820. I
    currently use an R300 and an R1800. Epson's print quality has kept me as
    a customer.

    That said, I had significant clogging problems with the older printers,
    primarily the 740 and 860. I used third party inks in these printers and
    the head clogging seemed to start when I began using non-Epson inks.

    My R300, which I have had for about 1 year, has so far had no clogging
    problems, even after sitting for several weeks without use. I had a
    couple very minor clogs that cleared with one cleaning cycle. My R1800
    (purchased in June of this year) hasn't given me any clog problems yet
    either. I think I've had to run a cleaning cycle once since I bought it,
    right after a cartridge change.

    I get the impression that Epson is succeeding at solving their head
    clogging problems, even though, to my knowledge, they've never publicly
    admitted to having that problem. I've been reading this newsgroup for
    years, and it seems to me that nowadays, I don't see quite as many
    people posting here asking for help with clogs on Epson printers as I
    used to.

    Both of my current printers produce astonishingly beautiful prints. On
    my current printers, I use Epson ink only, so can't comment on results
    using third party inks.

    I haven't used them for CD printing, so can't comment on that either.

    John
  33. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    I'd love to see industry standards and regulations to provide more peace
    of mind regarding the consumables. I think it's still a way off though.

    Art

    Davy wrote:

    >>Arthur Entlichwrote:
    >
    > That's the current nature of the inkjet and
    > more so now other printer
    >
    >>markets. They are all doing it, making the consumable the profit
    >>generators. I don't agree with it as a business model for any of
    >
    > them.
    >
    >>Art
    >>

    > Appears to be so Art, but some rule ought to be applied regarding OEM
    > printing supplies, paper included.
    >
    > Davy

Printers Stylus Epson Peripherals