Asus A8N-SLI Premium

guedryjp

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
I'm new to this, so bear with me. I *thought* i had the know how to build my own computer. It is apparently proving me wrong. I had everything working a day ago. Worked fine the second day. Today I tried to boot up my comp - no dice. After fiddling with all the connections, it booted up - only to restart in the middle of usage about 2 hrs later. It wouldn't restart right away. The fans would come on, but the front power light on the case would flicker or not come on. Once i did the same fiddling with connections bit after about 30min to an hour, it did the same jig. I'm becoming very frustrated and pondering hassling newegg to let me send EVERYTHING back and just get some machine from alienware or dell - i'll probably pay more, but it'll at least work. Can anyone give some advice? I'll give my info as best i can, let me know if any other information would be helpful. My motherboard is the subject title, the rest is as follows

Asus A8N-SLI Premium Motherboard
AMD Dual Core 4600+
1 Gig Corsair pc3200 ram
PNY GeForce 7600GT 256 mb Vid-card

Someone please help. If I can't fix it, i'm gonna be out a LOT of money and a LOT of time. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

I'm new to this, so bear with me. I *thought* i had the know how to build my own computer. It is apparently proving me wrong. I had everything working a day ago. Worked fine the second day. Today I tried to boot up my comp - no dice. After fiddling with all the connections, it booted up - only to restart in the middle of usage about 2 hrs later. It wouldn't restart right away. The fans would come on, but the front power light on the case would flicker or not come on. Once i did the same fiddling with connections bit after about 30min to an hour, it did the same jig. I'm becoming very frustrated and pondering hassling newegg to let me send EVERYTHING back and just get some machine from alienware or dell - i'll probably pay more, but it'll at least work. Can anyone give some advice? I'll give my info as best i can, let me know if any other information would be helpful. My motherboard is the subject title, the rest is as follows

Asus A8N-SLI Premium Motherboard
AMD Dual Core 4600+
1 Gig Corsair pc3200 ram
PNY GeForce 7600GT 256 mb Vid-card

Someone please help. If I can't fix it, i'm gonna be out a LOT of money and a LOT of time. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

If you have determined the problem is your MB, just return it to Newegg. Ask for a full refund and explain there is incompatibility with your other components and the board will not work for you. What Power supply do you have? If it were mine I would swap out the RAM and video card and power supply. If the problem persisted I would reinstall the OS and all softeware. Sometimes a blank screen is caused by something as simple as a video driver conflict or a corrupt OS file. If it wouldn't run then, I would start returning components. It is very hard to troubleshoot sometimes if you do not have spare parts to work with.

crusher

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
i think that the problem here is a power issue, what psu do u have? did you use voltage regulator and UPS? do you hear a beep when you turn on your pc?