Dell Axim 50v Tom Tom Charger Cable

January 22, 2005 11:22:24 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a car cradle for the Dell Axim
50v?

I I have a Tom Tom cradle for my iPAQ 2210 which allows wired satellite
receiver connection. Something similar would be great.

I actually prefer wired satellite to Bluetooth, but would "Settle" for
bluetooth if that was all that was available...

Can't see anything on total pda.

TIA

Martin
January 22, 2005 11:30:42 PM

Nitram wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a car cradle for the
> Dell Axim 50v?
>
> I I have a Tom Tom cradle for my iPAQ 2210 which allows wired
> satellite receiver connection. Something similar would be great.
>
> I actually prefer wired satellite to Bluetooth, but would "Settle" for
> bluetooth if that was all that was available...
>
> Can't see anything on total pda.
>
> TIA
>

> Martin

At the risk of coming across as the village idiot, may I ask the dumb
question of the day?

Does Dell Axim X5 represent all the X50 models?

TIA

Martin
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 11:30:43 PM

No the Dell X5 is an older model that started with PPC2002, but was granted
an upgrade to WM2003, and sold with that for a while. After that was the X3
and X30 line, and the latest Dell line is the X50. The X50v has a VGA screen
and all run WM2003SE.

For the cradle, how about this
http://www.seidioonline.com/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDesc=N...

More info here
http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductC...

Read up on it. It is fairly new and for a while they just had the BT
version, but the cabled GPS version was coming soon. I didn't look to see if
it was available.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Nitram" <martin@scotland.org> wrote in message
> Nitram wrote:
> At the risk of coming across as the village idiot, may I ask the dumb
> question of the day?
>
> Does Dell Axim X5 represent all the X50 models?
>
> TIA
>
> Martin

Related resources
January 23, 2005 4:17:25 PM

Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices wrote:
> No the Dell X5 is an older model that started with PPC2002, but was
> granted an upgrade to WM2003, and sold with that for a while. After
> that was the X3 and X30 line, and the latest Dell line is the X50.
> The X50v has a VGA screen and all run WM2003SE.
>
> For the cradle, how about this
> http://www.seidioonline.com/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDesc=N...
>
> More info here
> http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductC...

Thanks Sven, I actually ordered one last night from "Smart Devices Direct
Ltd."

They describe the cradle as having the socket for a wired GPS mouse, so it
looks perfect.

I ordered a Dell X50v too....;>)

Regards

Martin
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 1:24:34 PM

I don't suppose you know of a similar cradle for the MDAII or XDAIIs?

Thanks,
Ross
"Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o %23VHM7MAFHA.1392@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> No the Dell X5 is an older model that started with PPC2002, but was
granted
> an upgrade to WM2003, and sold with that for a while. After that was the
X3
> and X30 line, and the latest Dell line is the X50. The X50v has a VGA
screen
> and all run WM2003SE.
>
> For the cradle, how about this

http://www.seidioonline.com/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDesc=N...

> More info here
> http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductC...
>
> Read up on it. It is fairly new and for a while they just had the BT
> version, but the cabled GPS version was coming soon. I didn't look to see
if
> it was available.
>
> --
> Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> "Nitram" <martin@scotland.org> wrote in message
> > Nitram wrote:
> > At the risk of coming across as the village idiot, may I ask the dumb
> > question of the day?
> >
> > Does Dell Axim X5 represent all the X50 models?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Martin

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 1:32:23 PM

Ross Coundon wrote:
> I don't suppose you know of a similar cradle for the MDAII or XDAIIs?

I use a Carcomm XDAII Cradle which has Serial/PS2 In, and 12v charger. Also
take a look at Brodit's Cradles.

www.carcomm.nl
www.brodit.com or for US www.proclipusa.com

--
Darren Griffin
PocketGPSWorld - www.pocketgpsworld.com

Apologies, I actually meant the MDAIII or XDAIIs, I believe the connection
is different to that of the MDAII and XDAII

"Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com" <darren@pocketgpsworld.com> wrote in
message news:o 6wn8JRCFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Ross Coundon wrote:
> > I don't suppose you know of a similar cradle for the MDAII or XDAIIs?
>
> I use a Carcomm XDAII Cradle which has Serial/PS2 In, and 12v charger.
Also
> take a look at Brodit's Cradles.
>
> www.carcomm.nl
> www.brodit.com or for US www.proclipusa.com
>

> --
> Darren Griffin
> PocketGPSWorld - www.pocketgpsworld.com
> The Premier GPS Resource for News, Reviews and Forums

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 3:54:39 PM

Ross Coundon wrote:
> Apologies, I actually meant the MDAIII or XDAIIs, I believe the
> connection is different to that of the MDAII and XDAII

Brodit do a range of cradles for the XDAIIs including passive, active and
versions with PS/2 and RS232. Serach for Brand=02, Model=XDA IIs :)
--
Darren Griffin
PocketGPSWorld - www.pocketgpsworld.com
The Premier GPS Resource for News, Reviews and Forums
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 4:25:24 PM

Excellent, I'll look into that. Thanks

"Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com" <darren@pocketgpsworld.com> wrote in