Dont be fooled by Intel Benchmarks

evilr00t

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Don't be fooled by AMD marketing materials.

Seems like a cop out to me. Data is data is data.

Oh, and by the way, 4x4 will be hotter than Kentsfield.

djkrypplephite

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
You're a hopeless idiot. It's faster, period. The world + dog has confirmed it, even AMD although they are in denial as to how much. Woodcrest Xeons aren't Intel benchmarks anymore, EVERYONE has run them. EVERYONE has reached the SAME conclusion.

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003

Ohhhh boy, need to PM the mods to check the IP, this may be viral marketing again.

Jack

Why just cause someone correctly suggested AMD isn't the best any more? Jeez spot the fanboi.

carlhungis

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006

Ohhhh boy, need to PM the mods to check the IP, this may be viral marketing again.

Jack

Why just cause someone correctly suggested AMD isn't the best any more? Jeez spot the fanboi.

Pretty sure that Jack was speaking about the OP.

djkrypplephite

Distinguished
May 15, 2006

Jack

um, Jack's an Intel veteran. I wouldn't call him a fanboy, but he's definitely on 'our side', per se.

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
stupid_post_bear-1.jpg

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Jack

um, Jack's an Intel veteran. I wouldn't call him a fanboy, but he's definitely on 'our side', per se.

He's definately not a fanboy, and most certainly not an AMD fanboy, and while he has stated a preference for Intel, I wouldnt say hes on Intels side either. Everything Ive ever seen from him indicates he is on the side of the data, regardless of which manufacturer it supports.

djkrypplephite

Distinguished
May 15, 2006

Jack

He's definately not a fanboy, and most certainly not an AMD fanboy, and while he has stated a preference for Intel, I wouldnt say hes on Intels side either. Everything Ive ever seen from him indicates he is on the side of the data, regardless of which manufacturer it supports.

True. I suppose it's that the data nearly always supports Intel, which is why I get that feeling. True though, I have seen him get on Intel before.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Jack

True. I suppose it's that the data nearly always supports Intel, which is why I get that feeling. True though, I have seen him get on Intel before.

Well, I wouldnt say that either, though since the introduction and delivery of C2D it certainly has. Additonally, all the fanciful stuff regarding 4x4 and qaudfather being pushed by the horde begs to be refuted, so in that regard, I would certainly agree that as of late, the data has supported Intel

npilier

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
Thanks guys for the vote of confidence...[].

Honestly, I just enjoy computing for computing sake--- pretty much a gadget person overall. Oh, yeah, I also like watching the two players go at it in the market place. :)

Jack

Finally, you're admitting that you are computer geek then! =) :p

JJ, we all know you ain't no Intel or AMD fanboy...only a n00b, someone who is not regular in the forumz, would have doubts about your impartial comments from either I or A.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
It's the packaging for the BS chips being fabbed with a 9-inch process. :wink:

Ah, I see.

Must run at least 34GHz with 900 bazillion cores on a socket A with a built in ATI Uber600 integrated GPU, all running a mere .1 uW. Man, I wish I had one of those.