critical or serious errors

hi, i've just ran a programe(because it said i neded to?)that said i have 167
critical or serious errors on my pc.,i ran the programe because it popped up
while i was visiting microsoft and it had a cross similar to the security
centre . unfortunatly cos it was going to cost £30 i deleted it but im now
concerned about all these errors im supposed to have how can i check my pc?do
i need to purchase the software?
3 answers Last reply
More about critical errors

    The name of the software, and what it is supposed to be scanning your system for would be helpful. There are various free "spyware/malware" scanners out there, that are very good. www.lavasoftusa.com for AdAware and www.safer-networking.org for Spybot Search and Destroy.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "kravelic" <kravelic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FF11EC9-0462-41C6-89B5-3AE8E9FD390A@microsoft.com...
    > hi, i've just ran a programe(because it said i neded to?)that said i have 167
    > critical or serious errors on my pc.,i ran the programe because it popped up
    > while i was visiting microsoft and it had a cross similar to the security
    > centre . unfortunatly cos it was going to cost £30 i deleted it but im now
    > concerned about all these errors im supposed to have how can i check my pc?do
    > i need to purchase the software?

    the software,its called "error gaurd"it scans for system errors,but because
    its a pop-up i am doubting if the information it gave me was just a con.167
    critical errors?if its true how does my pc work at all.does anyone know this
    software.hope this will give you a bit more to go on,thanks

    "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

    > The name of the software, and what it is supposed to be scanning your system for would be helpful. There are various free "spyware/malware" scanners out there, that are very good. www.lavasoftusa.com for AdAware and www.safer-networking.org for Spybot Search and Destroy.
    >
    > --
    > Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
    > Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    > http://www.dougknox.com
    > --------------------------------
    > --------------------------------
    > Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
    >
    > "kravelic" <kravelic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FF11EC9-0462-41C6-89B5-3AE8E9FD390A@microsoft.com...
    > > hi, i've just ran a programe(because it said i neded to?)that said i have 167
    > > critical or serious errors on my pc.,i ran the programe because it popped up
    > > while i was visiting microsoft and it had a cross similar to the security
    > > centre . unfortunatly cos it was going to cost £30 i deleted it but im now
    > > concerned about all these errors im supposed to have how can i check my pc?do
    > > i need to purchase the software?

    I've never heard of it. Do they have a web site?

    "kravelic" <kravelic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:293D7135-11C1-4F8C-B28A-70EF578393B7@microsoft.com...
    > the software,its called "error gaurd"it scans for system errors,but because
    > its a pop-up i am doubting if the information it gave me was just a con.167
    > critical errors?if its true how does my pc work at all.does anyone know this
    > software.hope this will give you a bit more to go on,thanks
    >

    > "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> The name of the software, and what it is supposed to be scanning your system for would be helpful. There are various free "spyware/malware" scanners out there, that are very good. www.lavasoftusa.com for AdAware and www.safer-networking.org for Spybot Search and Destroy.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
    >> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    >> http://www.dougknox.com
    >> --------------------------------
    >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
    >> --------------------------------
    >> Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
    >> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
    >>
    >> "kravelic" <kravelic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FF11EC9-0462-41C6-89B5-3AE8E9FD390A@microsoft.com...
    >> > hi, i've just ran a programe(because it said i neded to?)that said i have 167
    >> > critical or serious errors on my pc.,i ran the programe because it popped up
    >> > while i was visiting microsoft and it had a cross similar to the security
    >> > centre . unfortunatly cos it was going to cost £30 i deleted it but im now
    >> > concerned about all these errors im supposed to have how can i check my pc?do
    >> > i need to purchase the software?

Security Microsoft Windows XP