To all DS4 owners ... Scythe query

GeorgeWashington

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
Hi Guys, my first post here although I've been a long time reader.

Just finished by first PC Build, among my components are the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4 mobo and the Scythe Mine HSF. Problem is, I'm having trouble seating the HSF properly on the board (the capacitors around the CPU seem to interfere with one of the 775 brackets).

Can any of you guys with this board and a Scythe (think the Ninja uses the same brackets as the Mine) please tell me how you've managed to get it seated without ruining the board?

I'm running the stock cooler at the moment and Coretemp is measuring 51C at idle, so I'm not sure even this cooler is seated properly, but I'd like to get the Scythe on there asap.

Pictures would be a help, but any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

godman

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
im getting a ds4 aswell, soon!!!!

but im getting a freezer 7 pro so i wont be able to help much :( how does the motherboard overclock? i havent found any reviews on overclocking it anywhere on the web :cry: anyway i bought it because it had a few more features than the ds3 like the heatpipe and the ICH8R because it has raid if i wanna use it. :wink:

GeorgeWashington

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
haven't got as far as overcloking yet (I'm a bit of a noob at this) ... if no one on here can help check overclockers, lots of people there with this board

godman

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
i guess its probably got the same overclocking potential as the ds3, 500mhz+ (2ghz qdr)FSB!!! but has other features that makes it worth buying for example it has the 4 or 6 phase power wheeras the ds3 only has 3 phase power. It's just like the icing on top of the cake(well the dq6 is but.....)! :lol:

Lakeuk

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2004
I'm running the stock cooler at the moment and Coretemp is measuring 51C at idle, so I'm not sure even this cooler is seated properly, but I'd like to get the Scythe on there asap.

That temperature is high for the stock fan it probable wasn't seated right, I'm using the stock fan on a E6600 (no overclocking) and get :-

30c idle (can do to 25c when fan is on full)
40c under load

TRENDING THREADS