Sign in with
Your question

Presario R3000, upgrade or not

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 25, 2006 9:15:19 AM

Hi every one. I have a presario R3000 with a P4 2.66ghz cpu and with 768mb memory with a 60gb hd also with an ATI9200 64mb video card.

I have just installed vista on my presario r3000 but the video card is not upto standed with vista so I was wondering can I upgrade my video card and if so what card should I put into it and how to do it.

Sorry for all these questions, but I am starting to get angry because there are some programes that I need to use but vista won't let be because the video card is to small. :? :?:

More about : presario r3000 upgrade

a b U Graphics card
September 25, 2006 10:17:17 AM

Am I reading that right? A Presario R3000? Isn't that a laptop? If it is, than I would definately get a newer one, if you can afford it.
September 25, 2006 12:35:15 PM

if that is a laptop which it is according to google then you need to check if you can even upgrade the card, i would second lunyone's idea of getting a new laptop
Related resources
September 25, 2006 2:05:40 PM

Thanks guys for your replies. I have been talking to HP help center and they said that if I want to upgrade then I have to replace the mobo, the video card is built into the mobo.
lso I have been looking on the net for mobo's but they are pretty exp. so I think I will go back to XP.

gain thanks for your help.
September 25, 2006 5:06:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks guys for your replies. I have been talking to HP help center and they said that if I want to upgrade then I have to replace the mobo, the video card is built into the mobo.
lso I have been looking on the net for mobo's but they are pretty exp. so I think I will go back to XP.

gain thanks for your help.

You didn't answer if it was a laptop or not. If you're not very familiar with this type of stuff, I would not suggest trying to replace a motherboard on a laptop - it's not easy.
!