Color Laserjet Photo Paper

In article <kvpri119tkij3mt087493f20vhr4jit1ei@4ax.com>, Ben
<bpugs@cableone.net> wrote:

> Need suggestions for Photo Paper for Color Laserjet.

Ben-

If you want to produce photographs for sale, you may be kidding yourself
if you think a Color LaserJet print has the quality you need, regardless
of what paper you choose. If you want good, fast, inexpensive prints,
then it may not matter what paper you use.

Stop by your local Office Supply store and see what they have to offer.
Stores like Office Depot and Staples carry an extensive line, separated
into paper for Inkjets and paper for Laser printers.

If you use inexpensive copier paper in your LaserJet, you may notice a
tendency for the paper to turn slightly brown or yellow after a while.
For longer-lasting prints, look for something acid free.

You may prefer photographs to be on a thicker paper, but be sure your
printer can handle it. There are some printers that can't handle thicker
paper such as card stock. The toner doesn't completely fuse and can be
wiped off.

There is a "glossy" paper available for Laser printers, but I'm not be
satisfied with the results.

Fred

Photography printed by laser printer is possible! The key point is how
to transfer toner from OPC drum to paper completely and overcome the
high temperature heating problem to melt-down coating material on the
paper surface when paper passes through fuser. Please refer to the
post:
http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/ftopic115357.html

Or, you may find more information on Google and Yahoo:
http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&num=10&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=laser+printing+photo+paper&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images

http://search.yahoo.com/search?_adv_prop=web&x=op&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-top&va_vt=any&vp=laser+printing+photo+paper&vp_vt=any&vo_vt=any&ve_vt=any&vd=all&vst=0&vf=all&vm=i&fl=0&n=10

ME

In message <kvpri119tkij3mt087493f20vhr4jit1ei@4ax.com>, Ben
<bpugs@cableone.net> writes
>Need suggestions for Photo Paper for Color Laserjet.
>
>Thanks,

Datacopy here (UK) have recently started (or at least I've recently
noticed) quite a decent glossy card for laser (160 gsm)
www.data-papers.com

Otherwise for glossy output I have generally used HP's soft laser gloss
paper, another alternative which is whiter but less card like is a 5
star product which I've only seen from www.euroffice.co.uk

Alternatively you may want a matt output for which I quite like Xerox's
Colortech paper.

--
Timothy

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:21:16 -0600, Ben <bpugs@cableone.net> wrotc:

Thanks for your suggestions..

So far all I've seen is the HP Laserjet Photo paper. The resulsts have been
pretty good... Not as Good as the Best InkJet, but good enough for my use,
(personal, no commercial sales).

Thanks again.

Ben