probs with nVidia driver

_SunTzu_

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
hello,
i have a GeForce FX 5200 with the 91.31 driver that i downloaded from this site running on a winXP. i wanted to check another graphic card just to see if it works ... so i uninstalled the nVidia driver and tried the other card (its a GeForce MX400 64MB SDR)it didnt work, the screen would not power up. now i put back the FX5200 and installed the 91.31 driver and every time that i open an application it gives me a green screen and says: "the device is stuck in an infiate loop", "corrupted file:nv4_disp" , "dumping physical memory". i tried to unistall/install the driver both 91.31 and 91.47, it still gives me the same result. i hope that there could be a way to help me with my problem.

Thanks in advance
Patrick

Try the other posters solutions first and if they work then sweet prob solved, if not then try and boot into safe mode (hit f8 whilst booting) once in safe mode navigate to the windows\system32 folder and delete all the nv.dlls & files(click on properties to make sure they are nvidia files first though!) then reboot and install driver as per normal. HTH

_SunTzu_

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
hey thnx and sorry for the trouble, but it was just very easy :D i unplugged my VGA ran my pc on the VGA built-in the motherboard, removed the driver then i put bak the FX5200, installed the driver and now it workin like a charm. hey maybe they should add it to the manual:p

thnx again guys
God speed

paul_baker

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
i got that same error while playing a game and only in a certin game but i never tried to reinstall or anything i just stopped playing that game.

spanishfleee

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
my guess is that it was a bad driver instilation. if it stoped working after you installed the newest graphics drivers then that would explain it.

hball

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
hello,
i have a GeForce FX 5200 with the 91.31 driver that i downloaded from this site running on a winXP. i wanted to check another graphic card just to see if it works ... so i uninstalled the nVidia driver and tried the other card (its a GeForce MX400 64MB SDR)it didnt work, the screen would not power up. now i put back the FX5200 and installed the 91.31 driver and every time that i open an application it gives me a green screen and says: "the device is stuck in an infiate loop", "corrupted file:nv4_disp" , "dumping physical memory". i tried to unistall/install the driver both 91.31 and 91.47, it still gives me the same result. i hope that there could be a way to help me with my problem.

Thanks in advance
Patrick

There are freeware programs, driver cleaner, that you can download. This will ensure you have completely removed the previous driver and you can then do a clean install.

hball

rr44

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Hello I have the same problem with my video card: window shuts down with a blue screen and says driver nv4_Disp.dll has gone into infinite loop.

I just bought the motherboard Gigabyte GA- 965P-DQ6 and Video card GV 7600 GS . I have been trying to set it up from sep 9th and still can't get it to work.

The Nvidia driver v84.21 not WHQL on Giga Driver CD quits and is shut down during installation reboots , same if I install V 91.47 WHQL .

Any software needing a reboot creates Blue screen and takes umpteen tries.

even if I manage to install , it is so unstable that colors start to bleed in to background of text pages.

No Audio , Video clip can be played in wmp or QT , the computer freezes.

Any Blank CD in the drive freezes the computer , however I can read a data CD or DVD.

I have Formatted my drive and reinstalled th XP almost every day , It only take about and hour and half to quick format and install XP, Still I can't get it to work.

I contacted gigbyte tech and after three days they just ask one line if the OS was freshly Installed ??

My second reply has yet to be answered . This is one crappy company. I had a cheap board from MSI and FX5200 agp and had no problem like this for two years. It could auto update all new drivers.

the Gigabyte Auto update does not work. It finds on and says there's a new version on the server , which driver or version nothing. then it would download and start installing and it is shut down with blue screen by window for some violation.

It is so frustrating . I should have waited for MSI to come out with their Board but i didn't have the time.

Product Info
* Product Class : VGA
* Model Name : GV-NX76G256D-RH
PCB ver : 02391
BIOS Ver : F10
Driver Ver : 91.47

Serial No. : 0630031555 Purchase Dealer : Club-It com
System Configuration
Motherboard Brand : GIGABYTE
Model : GA-965P-DQ6
Operation System : Win XP SP : SP2
Intel E6600 Cpu
1 Gb DDR II
IBM 30 GB HD Boot on MBD IDE Controller
WD 1200 Jb Backup
Liteon CD Writer on Promide Ultra IDE Controller on PCI Card
Antec PSU 400 Watts

*Question

1. The Display driver is difficult to install , as the system goes into Boot recycling for minutes. Problem driver is : nv4_Disp.dll .
Which goes into infinite loop and window shuts it down. This happens with both versions : 84.21 & 91.47.
2. WMP or any media player Freezes the computer and reboots and it goes into rebooting cycles.
3. The CD writer can not Write as any Blank CD in the drive Freezes the computer and it can only be restarted with RESET swicth.
4. Any software installtion which wants to Reboot Puts it into Rebooting cycles.
Window only points to driver nv4_Disp.dll or the Hardware it is programming .
The Vga card came with the F10 Bios and there is no new bios.
The Update utility if I manage to install after many tries is unable to update and is shut down by the window for some error.
I am trying to get it working since I received the parts since september 9th and still it does not work
I don't have another PCIe vga card and can not buy one if that is not the problem.
Why the CD or DVD writer does not not work ? It has nothing to do with Display ?
I have turned of the window Firewall,Updates, Virus protection as I never use them.
I use Acronis True Image to make Backup on D:\ & Restore Image . True Image is unable to write a Boot CD for restoration.

------------------------------------------------------------
Would you like to receive information about GIGABYTE event in the future ? Yes
* To ensure that you'll receive our reply, please
1. check the given email address is correct/valid.
2. go to http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw to read our reply if you have an anti-spam filter for your email browser.
3. do not reply our mail directly from your email browser. If you have more question(s), please go to http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw to ask.
-----------------------------------
REPLY FROM GIGA TECH: 2006/9/29 02:20

Answer - 401440
Answer : Hi
the card should be ok with this board, when installing the board was the OS a fresh clean installation or it's an existing hdd from another board with the OS preloaded?

Answer to this question:

Sent : 2006/9/30 08:41
Question : The Motherboard and video card were installed . All drives connected. The computer was powered up . Except for the CPU fan which just moved half a rotation and didnot start to move till window started the XP CD in the drive .

The CPU Fan still does the same thing .

Fresh Copy of OS Win XP Pro SP2 was installed after formatting the C:\ drive

after widow booted in the Vga mode . Giga Motherboard CD was inserted and all Chipset drivers were installed.

Then the Giga Vga CD was installed , and only Display driver was installed , or rather tried . Because when Nvidia starts installing the drivers and reboots couple of time , the installation is terminated by the window and Real window reboot takes place and the Vga driver is not installed.

Some times the whole reboot goes into several rebooting cycles and a blue screen appears stating window has been shut down because of some Hardware Problems .

I have to wait another 10 to 15 minutes before i can switch it on else the same Blue screen appears.

This happens if I try to play any Audio and video clip in WMP, or QT. The window Blue screen says driver nv4_Disp.dll went into infinite loop and window is shut down to protect the computer.

I can not write to CD writer as any Blank CD inserted in the drive freezes the computer and the has to be restarted by Reset switch .

This CD writing has nothing to do with Display Card and seems that Motherboard has some problem , because all the controllers are on the mother board .

My CD writer is Lite ON 52x32x52.

If I remove the motherboard and use my Old MSI Motherboard KM2M and and old Agp Video card FX5200 every thing works fine - the Audio , video , and CD Dvd writing and I have no computer crashes , Blue screens etc.

It Only Happens when I Reinstall 965PDQ6 Motherboard and 7600 GS video card.

It seems to me either One or both are Bad.

I have just Installed a new 500 Watt , Enermax PSU ELT500AWT , and still no change , I have reinserted the other Patriot DDR II ram stick in to the third slot to make it dual channel and still same.

No Audio , No Video and No CD , DVD writing .

All Bioses and drivers are upto date . No anti Virus is Installed , Only Sygate personal firewall is installed for the internet and has nothing to do with these problems.

As foe fresh Install of OS , I have Reformatted the drive at least 10 times and re Installed XP Pro SP2 as many times. I do not activate it till the system works allright , and I can make an image with Acronis to reinstall and have a clean system .

A Quick reformat of IBM 30 GB drive takes about an Hour .

I have tried on other Maxtor 80 GB drive also , and have the same Problem.

Why is nv4_Disp.dll crashing the computer ?? and not allowing the CD writer to write , or is the motherboard Bad.

Thanking you and hoping for a quick response.

sincerely

No reply has been received yet . I hope it isn't the Motherboard , that also is a gigabyte board.

Thankyou all for reading and info . Hoping I am not butting in a private thread.