Acer Aspire 3000 and Belkin wireless router connection issue

russman

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
I have a belkin wireless router which my HP laptop has no problem connecting to and allowing me to browse the internet. My Acer Aspire, however, will connect and allow me access to the internet but then after about 15 or so minutes will still say I am connected but I cannot open any pages. Repairing the connection does not work. I have to reset the router and restart the computer to re-estblish a connection that works. Any advice?

russman

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Are you picking up a valid IP address that the router is handing out?

Have you checked your cabling to make sure it's not damaged and has a good connection?

yes. It doesn't even show a connection was lost. It just refuses to allow me to access the internet. It will work for a while, then poof. "Unable to connect to server." The only way to re-establish is to unplug the router and restart the Acer. No problem with my HP laptop, the connection is still available and I can access web pages.

After I reconnect, I disable "use windows to configure my wireless network settings" and the connection lasts much longer. In fact it hasn't dropped once today. I wonder if that was the fix? It seems odd though.

russman

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
I have heard that too. The laptop is an out of the box and has a broadband network adapter. There is no software that came with it.

naughtybeagle

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
A friend of mine has the same problem with her Aspire 3000. Sometime the connection stays good for a few hours, but more often it becomes very unreliable after a few minutes. Windows XP doesn't seem to think there is a problem.

The problem exists with both the wireless and the LAN connections.

Did you find a solution?