Serious lag

I have just installed n4s underground on my system (XP Home, 2200+ amd cpu,
Pcchips M848A mobo, 512MB pc2700 ddr memory, nvidia G-Force 4 4200ti
graphics, all of the latest driver updates and windows patches including
service pack 2 and directX 9.0c, wireless keyboard and mouse),
The game installs fine but when I try to run it there is serious lag, the
mouse pointer is very slow and jerky and the game stops at the please wear
seatbelts etc screen.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, disabling any other programs
that are running all with no joy. I have looked through the technical
support pages but couldn't find anything relevant.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jez

Moth wrote:
> I have just installed n4s underground on my system (XP Home, 2200+ amd cpu,
> Pcchips M848A mobo, 512MB pc2700 ddr memory, nvidia G-Force 4 4200ti
> graphics, all of the latest driver updates and windows patches including
> service pack 2 and directX 9.0c, wireless keyboard and mouse),
> The game installs fine but when I try to run it there is serious lag, the
> mouse pointer is very slow and jerky and the game stops at the please wear
> seatbelts etc screen.

Yeah, that screen does stay for a bit long....
What happens after that, when you start actually driving ?

--
Jez
'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable

Skype callto://hellward
NFS Porsche Unleashed, Hot Pursuit 2, Underground.
Yeowww