2 AMD SYSTEMS ATHLON 64 3700+ no display :/

eagleeye

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
I Have an asrock mother board 939 sata II and also an asus mobo I have tried switching both chips in each mother board both of the boards power on but no video is displayed. Could my PSU an antech 550 watt psu be the issue in powering a 9800 agp ati card and I have also tried an evga 7800gt PCi x16 slotted card. I know both the video cards work I have tested in other systems. The memory I tried is 1gb of corsair value ram and the other is Micron Pc ram they both are not the issue as well.

Any thoughts would help. I have built systems in the past with out issue.

Killercop

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
Try another monitor if you can. Sounds like the problem is the monitor or the cable. Do you hear any sounds from windows, when you start your computer?

kaleb_zero

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2005
given that neither mobo is making ERROR beeps from what you posted, I would second the first response - make sure the monitor is on, plugged in properly, and that the cable is good.. Also be sure that you double check ALL of your power connections.. the main 20-24 pin power is obviously connected to the mobo, but make sure you didn't forget to connect the 4-pin 12v power, as without it, most systems will start (fans, lights, etc.) but not actually post, or otherwise display anything on the screen.

Otherwise, just take a deep breath, go for a walk, get your mind off of it. It's most likely something extremely small and simple that was overlooked. On a side not, honestly, ASrock is not what I'd call a quality manufacturer.