NFSU2 Demo Wierd Problem

Hi all

I have a really wierd problem with the demo for NFSU2 - I've tested it with
2 keyboards and it's always the same.

You can drive forwards, or turn, but not do both - hell, even if you release
the accellerator you can't turn - I've reconfigured the keys several times
and it's not helped. It's a nightmare to turn at all.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm wondering if the demo is a direct port of the console one and they
expect you to be using a gamepad or something?

--
Saubryn

> You can drive forwards, or turn, but not do both - hell, even if you release
> the accellerator you can't turn - I've reconfigured the keys several times
> and it's not helped. It's a nightmare to turn at all.

Could be your keyboard, some don't handle having multiple keys being held
down at once.

> I have a really wierd problem with the demo for NFSU2 - I've tested it with
> 2 keyboards and it's always the same.

Then again, it could just be NFSU2.

tine

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2004

"Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I have a really wierd problem with the demo for NFSU2 - I've tested it
with
> > 2 keyboards and it's always the same.
>
> Then again, it could just be NFSU2.

Thanks for your reply, I had no problems in Hot Pursuit / HP2 / NFSU or any
other driving games really.

I'm in the middle of re-arranging the computer room at the moment otherwise
I'd test it with a driving wheel.

Take it nobody else has had this problem though?

--
Quinda

predator

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

I had it, but it mysteriously disappeared

"Tine" <nospam@please.com.invalid> wrote in message

> "Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > I have a really wierd problem with the demo for NFSU2 - I've tested it
> with
>> > 2 keyboards and it's always the same.
>>
>> Then again, it could just be NFSU2.
>>

> Thanks for your reply, I had no problems in Hot Pursuit / HP2 / NFSU or
> any
> other driving games really.
>
> I'm in the middle of re-arranging the computer room at the moment
> otherwise
> I'd test it with a driving wheel.
>
> Take it nobody else has had this problem though?
>
> --
> Quinda

"Tine" <nospam@please.com.invalid> wrote in message news:<EJNhd.4992$up1.4493@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> "Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I have a really wierd problem with the demo for NFSU2 - I've tested it
> with
> > > 2 keyboards and it's always the same.
> >
> > Then again, it could just be NFSU2.
> >

> Thanks for your reply, I had no problems in Hot Pursuit / HP2 / NFSU or any
> other driving games really.
>
> I'm in the middle of re-arranging the computer room at the moment otherwise
> I'd test it with a driving wheel.
>
> Take it nobody else has had this problem though?

I also have this problem!