Epson photo stylus 750

Hi

I have an Epson Photo Stylus 750. Yesterday(Sunday). I did some printing, a
few pages of a letter. When I went back to the printer all the lights, three
red and the green stop/start were flashing. When I go to utility it does not
show anything in the 'window'. I have tried the usual remove power and the
usb link. I have also removed the USB from the hub and made it direct to my
MAC. Nothing stops the flashing. The printer carriage does not travel
across.

I would be grateful for any advice

Thanking you all

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

sonsdad <sonsdad@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have an Epson Photo Stylus 750. Yesterday(Sunday). I did some printing, a
>few pages of a letter. When I went back to the printer all the lights, three
>red and the green stop/start were flashing. When I go to utility it does not
>show anything in the 'window'. I have tried the usual remove power and the
>usb link. I have also removed the USB from the hub and made it direct to my
>MAC. Nothing stops the flashing. The printer carriage does not travel
>across.
>
>I would be grateful for any advice
>
>Thanking you all

All lights blinking means "maintenance request" which indicates that the waste
ink pad is full.
You can reset this error as follows -
Power printer off
Press and hold Load/Eject and Cleaning switches and press power switch
Paper out indicator blinks for 3 seconds, release all switches
press "Cleaning" for 10 seconds

The printer should now revert to normal but be warned that you should do this
procedure only once, next time you get this error you should replace or clean
the waste ink pad to avoid waste ink leaking from the printer.
Tony

You have probably reached the waste ink pad protection numbers.

Please email me with the details of exactly which LEDS are flashing in
what manner and what colors at:

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @

(dot) = .

I will likely have a cure for your printer.

Art

sonsdad wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have an Epson Photo Stylus 750. Yesterday(Sunday). I did some printing, a
> few pages of a letter. When I went back to the printer all the lights, three
> red and the green stop/start were flashing. When I go to utility it does not
> show anything in the 'window'. I have tried the usual remove power and the
> usb link. I have also removed the USB from the hub and made it direct to my
> MAC. Nothing stops the flashing. The printer carriage does not travel
> across.
>
> I would be grateful for any advice
>
> Thanking you all

Hi Tony
I tried as you suggested but it did not work. I assume the waste pad is full
to the point where it needs to come out and be cleaned? Is this a simple job
or one for the expert?
Cheers
Clifford

On 19/9/05 9:29 am, in article part1of1.1.5ZYPd3Oly4Cxgg@ue.ph, "Tony"
<Tony> wrote:

> sonsdad <sonsdad@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have an Epson Photo Stylus 750. Yesterday(Sunday). I did some printing, a
>> few pages of a letter. When I went back to the printer all the lights, three
>> red and the green stop/start were flashing. When I go to utility it does not
>> show anything in the 'window'. I have tried the usual remove power and the
>> usb link. I have also removed the USB from the hub and made it direct to my
>> MAC. Nothing stops the flashing. The printer carriage does not travel
>> across.
>>
>> I would be grateful for any advice
>>
>> Thanking you all
>
> All lights blinking means "maintenance request" which indicates that the waste
> ink pad is full.
> You can reset this error as follows -
> Power printer off
> Press and hold Load/Eject and Cleaning switches and press power switch
> Paper out indicator blinks for 3 seconds, release all switches
> press "Cleaning" for 10 seconds
>
> The printer should now revert to normal but be warned that you should do this
> procedure only once, next time you get this error you should replace or clean
> the waste ink pad to avoid waste ink leaking from the printer.
> Tony

Hi
I took the top off and removed the inks. This did not improve things. If I
press cleaning the inkset does not traverse to the normal refit point. Any
other ideas?
Cheers